First official run for Large Scale Thomas

Started by Bucksco, July 19, 2009, 09:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LNER

I know this would almost certainly not happen, but if Bachmann took the tooling for the large scale version and then redid the HO counterpart. As the large scale version looks massively more like the actual Thomas compared to the HO version. Even though the face looks a lot better than the old one, I'm too fond of the new season 12 face :P

Hark, The Red Coaches! Hark Duck! Hark Donlad & Douglas! Aye!

Anthony P2

Quote from: James The Brave on August 14, 2009, 10:17:55 AM
Quote from: Bucksco on August 12, 2009, 03:13:41 PM

WOW! HE LOOKS AMAZING! i like the way he almost looks like the season 12 face. but wheres Percy, the troublesome trucks and Annie and Clarabel

alex wittman

it'll be a while for percy's first run, and then annie and clarabel with thomas and the trucks with percy, plus if thomas has the season 12 face then percy will have his S12  face too. it'll look just fine, don't worry, the bachmann has it under control

The Chaz Storm

If Thomas looked that great, Bachmann will not let us down for Percy and the rolling stock.  I have very high hopes for the Large scale range in terms of quality, and I am interested in seeing how future engines will turn out next (Something tells me that the large scale range might see red next...hint hint...)

Ropley101

Early in the morning,
Down at the station,
All the little engines
Standing in a row.
Along comes the driver,
Pulls the little lever
Puff, puff! Chuff, chuff!
Off we go!

Ropley101

Are There any other Large scale Thomas engines being planed to make apart from Thomas and Percy?  ???  ::)
Early in the morning,
Down at the station,
All the little engines
Standing in a row.
Along comes the driver,
Pulls the little lever
Puff, puff! Chuff, chuff!
Off we go!

alex wittman

i think the bachmann industries are planning on making james possible, but thats what i think

The Chaz Storm

Yeah as I obviously had mentioned before it would be no surprise if James was added to the large scale range next.  Not confirmed, but I think, he is very likely to be the next engine if they continue to expand the large scale range.  But I'm not so sure about how long the large scale range will last.  Hopefully they will make James next year and some other rolling stock/accessories I'd like to see as well in that range.  Toby I think may have a small chance as well but I'm not so sure about him...

Dupk

will be there a switch 120V/230V for europe?
and where can i find large scale parts of "thomas" in germany?

regards and best wishes from germany :)
Dirk

the Bach-man

Dear Dirk,
I have no info on Bachmann Europe marketing, but I would presume that sets sold there will have appropriate controllers. I have no idea about parts anywhere at this point.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

TrainSpotter

That looks amazing!  :o Just like one of the TV series models.

shining time

yeah they are like the new tv models and welcome to the board :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways