News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need help to identify locomotive

Started by KE5ZZN, July 27, 2009, 01:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KE5ZZN

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to the hobby, just bought a new N scale Spectrum set to learn with.

I inherited what I believe to be a G scale Bachmann set and I'm trying to learn more about it. I've been sitting on it for several years and assume it is at least 25 years old. The locomotive is a 4-6-0 and has Bachmann China stamped on the bottom.

I've attached a photos.

Thanks!

Thanks,
Jake

Barry BBT

Jake,

What you have is a Bachmann Big Hauler.  They have been built starting in 1988.  The first versions were battery powered, plastic wheels and track.  Needed six D cells and a 9 volt.

Since this model has metal wheels it is track powered, which means it draws current from the metal track.

This is also a wood burner style, two window closed cab, but I do not recognize the #3.  The road name will be on the tender.  But this two window cab didn't arrive until about 1995, but I will have to check that.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

Loco Bill

Your set is 90094  Milwaukee Road, it was a limited edition set from the Golden Classics  and was introduced in 1994.  3600 of these sets were produced.  The set has a coach and observation car with Chicago Milwaukee & St Paul on the letterboards.

All in all a very nice set!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

KE5ZZN

Bill and Barry, thanks for the replies and the great information. I had assumed it was a little older due to some of the other things I received with it. It is a great looking set and I can't wait to get it running.

Thanks again!
Thanks,
Jake