News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

login

Started by whatsamatteru, July 20, 2009, 08:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsamatteru

hi everyone,  everytime i log in i always choose something like 500 minutes to stay logged in, but then an hour or so later i come back to the site and i have to log again.  is it broke or something.  or am i doing something wrong

thanks

Santa Fe buff

I think 500 minutes is too much for the system. I suggest downsizing the amount of time you ask the log in page to stayed logged in. Also, make sure your cookies are enabled for this site. If not, then it won't allow it to stay logged in. I usually just click the log in button, then click it to allow automatic log in every time I visit. I think the 60 minute sessions are fair enough for me when I'm using a friend's computer.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

BestSnowman

I would guess its a cookie issue. You could try checking the say logged in checkbox (can't remember the exact label). If you still get logged out its definitely a cookie issue, if you stay logged it could be the forum software.

You could also try a number less than 255 to see if they are using a 8-bit integer somewhere and 500 is overflowing it (very unlikely but possible)
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog