Multiple EZ Track re-railers to 1 power source?

Started by grampajoe, July 21, 2009, 07:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampajoe

I have 3 EZ-Track re-railers which are used to connect to the power pack.  Unfortunately, the re-railers have a "jack" which plugs into the power pack.
Since I only have 2 power packs, is it possible for me to splice 2 of the re-railer wires together into a single jack?

pcctrolleyII

You can slice the two rerailers and have them run off one power pack. the other one would need its own unless its a small lay out then you might be able to get away with 3 on one power pack.
PCC trolleys for life.

glennk28

just be sure to keep the wire/rail polarity correct.  If you have a short circuit--this is the first place to look.  gj

Jim Banner

If you do get a short when using multiple terminal/rerailer sections, unplug the wires from all of them except one.  This should clear the short.  Then plug back in, one at a time.  Check for shorts each time.  If the supply is shorted after plugging into a terminal/rerailer, unplug that one, turn the plug over, and reinsert it.  Continue until all the plugs are in place.

If you find one plug causes a short no matter which way you plug it in, you either have a short in the tracks or a return loop.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

grampajoe

Thanks guys.   I'll give it a try...........