News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Hauler gear set

Started by billyr, July 24, 2009, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyr

I have 3 Big Hauler trains. The gear set on my Liberty bell (3rd generation gearbox I think)
have stripped. I know it's a common problem. I can see where someone tried to reinforce
the motor mount. I can easily take care of that. Problem is can you get replacement gears?

Loco Bill

I expect you will not be able to get the parts as they are long out of production.  You could send it in for repairs under the lifetime warranty. 

Here is the current warranty info:

Service Department Policies and Contact Information
Warranty Information

Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty covers motorized units only. Under the warranty, Bachmann can decide whether to repair or replace an item at their discretion.

Items less than a year old are fully covered and will be serviced or replaced at no charge when accompanied with warranty card or proof of purchase.

For items more than one year old, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement (prices subject to change):
# $10.00 -   HO & N Diesel
# $15.00 -   HO & N Steam
# $20.00 -   DCC On Board™ and Spectrum® HO and N scales
# $25.00 -   Williams O Gauge and Spectrum® On30
# $30.00 -   Standard Line large scale (except Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 locomotives)
# $50.00 -   Large scale Spectrum® and Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 locomotives

All accessories, power packs and speed controllers, and Plasticville USA® items are covered for 90 days only.
   Contacting Service

To send us e-mail, click here: Online Service Form
Orders, repair inquiries, or general inquiries may also be sent to:

Bachmann Customer Service
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Fax: 215-744-4699

Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Eastern Time. Customer Service for all scales can be reached toll free by US and Canadian customers at 800-356-3910. Customers from all other countries should call [Exit Code]-1-215-533-1600.

* Parts: Ext. 328 or 329
    * Technical Support: Ext.337
    * Repair Status: Ext. 331
    * Customer Service Manager: Ext.304

Please be aware that due to the quantity of calls we receive each day, you may need to leave a message on our voice mail system. Your call will be returned as soon as a service technician is available. We thank you in advance for your patience.

do not email or call the 800 number, use 1-215-533-1600 ext 304 instead
They will tell you your options. 

Good luck
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Loco Bill

Forgot to mention it but your Big Hauler 4-6-0 is part of the Standard line, so your cost would be just $30, and the par t about not using the 800 number and email are my notes and not part of the Bachmann warrant info.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

billyr

Well the 3 cent wire tie "mod" has it going again!

Could I just send the $30.00 and you guys send the parts (that are not made anymore ???) and save me more than that in shipping!

Fixing this stuff is half the fun!   ;D

Loco Bill

Glad it worked,  I am not connected with Bachmann in any way.  Many are not good at fixing and I was only trying to offer a solution. 
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

billyr

Oh! I saw the "we" in there and assumed....you know what that does!  ;D

Thanks though for helping!

Barry BBT

billyr,

I have the gears and the instructions for strapping the motor.  The instructions are free.  The postage will cost more than the gears.

Email me barrysbigtrains@earthlink.net

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.