News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Potential Heisler prototypes for Bachmann!

Started by ksivils, July 25, 2009, 10:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

You got my vote on the engine. Let me help you pour some gas on the fire. <<<<Pours 3 gallons of gas on the fire.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

C.S.R.R. Manager

Which one, Dustin?  It would be interesting to hear opinions on the various options.  I rather prefer #1, but I'm not really a Heisler fan.

Manager

darryl1936

I prefer Eccles Heisler but I have good reason.  I was training to be a fireman on that engine back in 1991 or there abouts.  Nifty old engine and was it ever hot in the summer plus the opening and closing of the wood stove frequently. 

TOF

Tomcat

One of the West Side LumberĀ“s Heislers would be my choice.

Cheers, Tom

Dusten Barefoot

Eh...... Im not to big of a geard locomotive fan, I prefer rod engines, but if a heisler were to be made I would have to go with #2. Put a wood load in her, and the rest of the stander options, and were're good to go.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtnut

I think the Silver Creek loco is an ex-West Side engine.  I'd vote for that myself.  I'm not a big fan of the outside counterweight models.  They weren't that common, though if Bachmann offered both, that would be just find. 

J R Barnes

:)Darryl-I fire our SG 10-wheeler here in Northern Texas (2248) and people don't realize how hot it gets in the cab.  When it is 105 or so outside, I have measured temps of 150-160 in the cab when not moving.  But...there is nothing like it, wouldn't trade it for any other job!

Jerry Barnes
Fireman
Grapevine Vintage RR
Jerry Barnes
Conductor-Fireman (Retired)
Grapevine Vintage Railroad

darryl1936

Jerry

When we loaded up with wood and water, they would always flood the floor with some water.  It helped for a short bit but then it was gone shortly.  Still loads of fun but I kind of preferred being a Brakeman and it's quite a knack coupling the air lines between the cars.

Oh I would do it all over again but at 72, they would not let me.  Could be a Conductor maybe?  Naaa

Just fond memories.  ::)

Cheers, TOF 

Hamish K

Interestingly Bachmann made their Large Scale Heisler lettered for Lukens Steel. The model  had outside bearings. Lukens Steel did have 2 Heislers for 30 inch gauge! I am not sure how close the Bachmann Large Scale model was to the Lukens Steel 30 inch gauge prototypes. I know of no other 30 inch gauge prototype Heislers but there may be some.

Hamish

steinked

Hi friends of Heislers,

I would like a Westside type model most, but honestly, any 0n30 Heisler by Bachmann will be eagerly welcome. As I cannot send hazardous materials across the big pond, please, pour some gallons in for me.

Dieter
Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

Alex Butner

I would like to see a heisler too. Mr Bach-man, can you ask Bachmann if they can make an On30 heisler please? I personally like the locomotive with the straight stack. I and a few people are interested. Thanks.

Linzthom

Hi Alex,,

Bachman are very well aware that a HEISLER is wanted buy many, many On30 modelers. But they don't seem to listen. We've been asking for one for years but to no avail. Maybe they have been scared off due to the problems they have with their Climax and Shay running gear. :o

It was stated at the last narrow gauge convention that they won't be doing one in the forseeable future. Or words to that effect.

Mind you, they are very welcome to use the images of real HEISLERS on my web site below, for inspiration. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lindsay T.

http://heisler.webs.com
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Tyler v

I would like to see the west side heisler #3 in on30 scale

Horse

While we are on the subject of new products, what about a boom or crane car, or something rigged with a steam donkey.