News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Potential Heisler prototypes for Bachmann!

Started by ksivils, July 25, 2009, 10:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Hi there folks!

As some friends before; I would vote for a Westside Heisler, such as No2 or No3, well - No3 would be my absolute favorite, short, somehow rugged looking, strong lokie...
But at all: We still want a Heisler, we will welcome a Heisler which should be the next engine to come out...

Before we will have a pretty, good running K-27 (including a RGS 455 post-wreck which is still not available apart from the unaffordable brass market...) or a RGS/C&S No.74...

Go on Bach-man, make my day!!!!
;) ;) ;)

Cheers, Tom :)

rwiseha

While waiting you get a kit from wiseman models for about 60 dollars and mount it on a ahm ho model.

Linzthom

At the size and scale that Bachman have put out their Climax and Shay, we are looking at an " I " beam framed lokey of about 20-28 tons.

The Westside Heislers are 'diamond' framed  for lockeys over about 40 or so tons which would seem to be way too heavy for the types of railways we seem to create. :-\ :-\

But having said that, any proper scaled for On30/On3 Heisler would be more than welcome. Those Ho/oo conversions don't do it for me, being way too small in the wheel department. >:( >:( I converted 2 for 'S ' scale and even then they were begining to get rather small

Lindsay

http://heisler.webs.com
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

RGS Goose

Hi all you Heisler devotees. The RGS never had any Heislers as far as I know, but if Bachmann do an On30 Heisler, I think the better looking one is the Silver Creek unit, and I would have to have at least one, if not more, as I am a geared loco fanatic.
RGS Goose.