whatsamatteru

hope this works

][/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

whatsamatteru

well thats weird.  i did the exact same thing for each pic but only one got uploaded.  do i have to do a separete post for each pic??

[/img]

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

jettrainfan

Those are GREAT!!! That looks like a great railroad. :)
Looks like the cop is trying to be sly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

whatsamatteru

yea thats a cop from the movies cars.  i just spray painted the windshield to get rid of the eyes.  going to do more ground cover to break up that perfect grass mat i put on.  wont do that again.  more trees and more detail for sure.  i think my best thing was the pond.  i mean even i was suprised the way that came out.   going to get the gone fishing people to add to it.

thanks.

pdlethbridge

Grear pictures. A suggestion though,  cut the bases off the trees and drill holes to mount them or just cover the bases with more grass. If you cut them, maybe you could put a wire in the tree trunk and drill for the wire.

CNE Runner

Don - You have really come a long way since you began your layout. All the suggestions here are good ones - and you already determined that grass mat is not the best way to scenic a layout (too regular). That is the beauty of model railroading: learning from others and your own mistakes.

I especially liked the shot of that Madison-style passenger coach crossing the bridge. After enlarging the image, I realized that the car is not a Lionel, MTH or Williams product. What make is it? K-Line?

Keep plugging along. Your idea of adding additional ground cover will take away some of the 'sameness' of the grass mat; and really elevate your efforts to a new level. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

whatsamatteru

yea, i put brown ballast around some of the tress and it looks a lot better.  i might even make that ballast solid because my trees keep falling over.

those passengers are kline.  i couldnt help the price for heavyweight 4pk with interior details.  paid 199.  now here is a HUGE HUGE HUGE beginners mistake.  in my simple mind i wanted 8 cars so i bought two of em.  dont laugh but i know you are.  well i realized once i got them that i really dont want two sets of the same thing.  i cant even use the observation car because of no coupler.  so i guess i have to sell it.   i said stop laughing

Santa Fe buff

That's okay. I've done that before. I ordered two locomotive air brake hoses for my locomotive project. I though it was one hose per package. Let's just say, I now have 4 hoses.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

CNE Runner

Oh...that was a Kline product? I don't believe I have ever 'handled' a Kline car. Thanks for answering that question.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself about buying more than you need (or want). My last permanent layout (the Sweethaven Harbor Ry) used track and turnout from a major seller. [In respect for our forum rules, I will not divulge the maker.] From day 1 I had nothing but trouble with the 13 turnouts and spent most of my hobby time fiddling with them...to no avail. Finally I had enough and scrapped the entire project - electing to build a new (and different) layout using Peco products. Yes, Peco is expensive ('has to do with the rate of currency exchange between the dollar and the pound sterling); but they work flawlessly. I shudder to think how much money I put along the curb for the trash pickup. Like I said: live and learn...and probably do it again!

Ray

whatsamatteru

yea thats a k line.  i suprised you never had on.  i really like it.  they are heavyweights, stream lighting so if one bulb goes out it will still light evenly.  metal trucks and op. coupler.  plus interior details w passengers.  i saw other ones i was looiing at that only had silouhettes that were more.  but i think the interior makes it more realistic

CNE Runner

Don, you are going to have to forgive an old man. Since you don't use capitalization, I assumed (...you know what that makes out of you and me) that you were talking about a 'Kline' product and not K-Line (not that it makes all that much difference since I had never heard of 'Kline'). I guess I'd better ease off on the diet soda. Yes, we sell quite a few K-Line products.

I think I'll go lie down and put a cold compress over my eyes.

Ray