News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1st layout pics

Started by whatsamatteru, July 26, 2009, 08:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsamatteru

oh, lol.  i totally missed what you were saying.  i thought you meant you never handled one for real.  i didnt catch you were knocking on my correct spelling.  lol

CNE Runner

Hey Don - I wasn't knocking anything...I am just not used to texting. I enjoy reading your posts and love to see the progress you have been making on your layout. K-Line makes some really nice equipment; although you might want to look at Williams (they have a very nice line of Madison cars).

How about constructing an Inglenook Switching Puzzle in tinplate O-gauge? It would come out to be about 12' long and 2' wide (I just doubled the size of my HO version). Operating the puzzle with 3 uncoupling tracks would be unique and loads of fun.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

whatsamatteru

thanks for the suggestion but i have no clue what your talking about. lol. 

CNE Runner

Forgive me Don as I can sometimes be rather obtuse. The Inglenook Switching Puzzle is a game that is played with 8 cars and two turnouts. Out of the 8 cars, one randomly chooses 5 that are to be switched into specific places on the game. This is a lot harder than it looks. Check out my earlier post and explore the websites that are contained:

If you would like to try the game, on-line, I will provide a hyperlink in a following post. I am currently building an Inglenook Puzzle for a local youth group home...'should keep them busy.

OK...back again. I decided to modify this post rather than take up space with a new one. The game is on the following website: http://www.largescalecentral.com/fun/shunting/inglenook.php

It is easy to learn to play IF you read the directions first. Everytime you restart the game a different combination of cars is shown. Numbered buttons work the turnouts and lettered buttons work the uncoupling tracks. Again, read the directions first! I warn you...this game is addictive.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"