News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

hallmark Train Ornaments

Started by jerryl, July 23, 2009, 04:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryl

I have many Hallmark train ornaments & am looking for a novel way to display them. Don't really want a display case & don't want to hang them on the tree. Any suggestions?   Thanks

Jhanecker2

Good Morning !   Since I believe the size mitigates against the use of them for earrings , have you tried  hanging them from cuphooks underneath a shelf in a line ? I am going to have to look at the Hallmark Ornaments we have . My sister was a collector though we set up a Christmas Tree only very occasionally any more . I do remember we had a miniature Tree with a train running around beneath it.   John II.

ripvanwnkl

We place our Hallmark ornaments, and other train miniatures, on short pieces of either Z scale or N scale sectional track, whichever fits better with the miniature size.  Then we display them on our fireplace mantel or other areas around the house on the holidays.  We leave the hook loops on them.   
Dave
USAF (Retired)

jerryl

I would really like to display them all year, but protect them from dust.  Don't really want a conventional show case either. It would be neat to build a miniature enclosed rotating showcase or something like that.