News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

model railroad ebook

Started by whm2255, July 27, 2009, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whm2255

Has anyone downloaded the ebook, "Model Train Help", by Anderson?  If so, was it worth the $40. 

SteamGene

I haven't.  I've always been a bit suspicious of it.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

jonathan

I see that crazy add all the time.  Like you,  I always wondered if anybody actually bought it.  I have no foundation for my suspicions, but I believe it's actually a catalog.

Jonathan

mhampton

I would think that the $40 could be better spent.  From what I've seen in the ads, most of the information you can get for free in various forums and other model RR websites.  A lot of similar information can also be had by simply borrowing books from your local library.

Frankv

I popped for $39.97 to get the Ebook. In my defense I can only say I am the sort of crazy person who will do almost anything once! Was it worth the $39.97? Probably not - it is very shy on the real nitty gritty stuff and has too much fluff. Also not very convenient to search through. On the other hand, Robert Anderson continues to send me emails with info, and some of it has been valuable. My advice - save the $ and wait for a Walthers sale to buy $40 of goodies. If you have questions and problems, this forum is the place to go - gold plated advice from guys who have done it, for free.