News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

legacy

Started by whatsamatteru, July 27, 2009, 10:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsamatteru

what is this.  is this what i need to make the cool train sounds.  right now i am using a boombox with a recording of a train.  sounds great to me for 5 bucks.  do i really need the legacy.   also i see some new trains for sale and it sounds legacy and trainsounds.  does that mean i have to get it or will the train still make the sounds

thanks
don

Santa Fe buff

Getting locomotives with sound decoders on board and with the speakers on board on a system is well worth the price. Invest in the best system you can find. I'm still looking into buying an M.T.H. Locomotive (You guys guessed it, the N&W J-Class) for it's Proto Sound 3.0, and the 32 functions available! Those SD70ACes and SD70Ms are amazing too, with working couplers that you can open and close electronically with the DCS controller or a high-tech DCC system. I'd rather just buy the DCS controller. ;)

MRC makes these systems. I think the ones with the speakers are separate from your track/layout, so it's just like premade sounds.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

whatsamatteru

those engines your talking about, do i need the legacy to hear them?

Santa Fe buff

Uh, those are HO scale. The SD70M, and the SD70ACe are already made in O scale. You model O scale, right?

If you could provide me a link to the product on the manufacture's website, I would be much oblige. I don't have any experience with the Legacy.

Sorry, I will try to help.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

whatsamatteru

hi, i dont have any products.  i was just wondering do all these new trains that have life likes sounds in them.   do i need to purchase something extra to here them or do i just push on button on my transformer and it makes the sounds

Frisco

The system you are talking about is O scale right? Made by Lionel. Yes you can control the sounds from a standard power pack like what comes in a train set as long as it has horn and bell buttens. However for around $250 you can get the Legacy control system which has way more fetures, if you ask me it's well worth the price, however if you use it with locomotives that don't have TMCC or Legacy you have to buy a seperate converter box. Hope this helps!
And yes the sound is totally worth it.
Ryan

whatsamatteru

wow, i think if i can make the sound from my transformer i will stick with that.  legacy,  thats a lot of money for something that just makes sounds.  think i will just keep playing my 5 dollar train cd.  i can use that money for another train.

thanks for answering my question