News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams station sounds

Started by caa, June 21, 2018, 02:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caa

I just got off e-bay an Crown Edition classic madison style passenger 6 car set, item# M222S NYC green with sounds. Really nice set! Is there any way to turn down the volume of the station sounds baggage car? It is way too loud! Can I get a PDF or an instruction sheet for this car? Any where to get information for this set? Also I need some roller pick up springs. Is there any way to get these? This set appears new or (nos) I should say.
Thank you for your help,
Chris

trainyardjp

JP of Acton MA, USA writes:
Regarding the volume of the sounds, if there is no visible volume control knob, located in an accessible area of the car, then its quite likely that you might have to remove the shell of the car, to access the volume potentiometer (also known as a 'pot' for short), that would be mounted directly to the sound circuit board. Those type of 'pots' are very sensitive, so only slight turns with a small flat-blade screw driver, until the desired volume level is adjusted to your liking.

Regarding roller pickup springs, my only suggestion would be to look on E-Bay, or at Train Shows for anyone selling those particular parts.

-JP
jpstrainyard@yahoo.com
-JP

caa

Thank you for your reply. I did look at the board, but did not see a pot like on other sound boards.

Len

Can you post a pic of the pick-up you need the spring for? Depending on the type of pick-up, some Lionel springs may work as a replacement.

It involves drilling a mounting hole in the chassis, but I've had so success adding a 10K Ohm pot between the sound board and speaker of sound cars with no volumn control.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

caa

I want to thank all of you for your quick and helpful responses to my post. The station sounds car was the first and at that time the only car of the six I had opened. When I opened the others, unfortunately there were quite a few issues I had not counted on. As I paid a lot to get cars listed as "like new, little run time". They were not as listed. I am sending these back. I wanted to follow up and say what a great forum and thanks again.
Chris