News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track Connector assortment #44592

Started by John Honeck Sr, September 19, 2009, 03:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Honeck Sr

I found this item in Caboose Hobbies INC. When will this item be available  at other stores? Where can it be bought on line today, if available?
The item contains 2 each of  .75, 1.00, 1.25, 1.50 and 2.00 E-Z gray track connectors.
Thank You

hawaiiho

WELL,   it about d----n time.

The good news, I found it listed on a half dozen or so on line stores.  The bad news is that all of them show either "out of stock" or "pre-order"

As slow as Bachmann has been to respond to this need,  who knows when they will be available.

>:(

Jim Banner

Perhaps we will need to continue making our own "shorties" for a while longer?

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

There is a bit of discussion on the track assortment on this thread:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,9791.0.html

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Jim Banner

Interesting discussion, especially the part about the 3/4" section and the 13/16" tabs.  I had assumed the tabs would nest a bit, but even if we have to cut a bit off, it is still easier than cutting and joining standard sections to make our own custom ones.

Jim

Joe Satnik

Dear Jim (and others)

The gist of my replies is my dissatisfaction with Bachmann for poor engineering and new product announcements long after the terribly expensive molds have been incorrectly made.   

There's a real good reason for long "anticipation" times.   

It allows for more thought, beta testing, and feedback.

Perhaps one of these would be cool to have:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/vid ... vid=944641

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Jim Banner

Jhanecker2

I am really impressed with the technology . This could change the way things are made & repaired . It would decentralize  manufacturing  and make small production runs possible at reasonable prices . With computer storage of the information of the CNC instructions you could have an incredible database of all products you need . Reminds me of a science fiction  short novella where aliens dropped off machines that could duplicate anything that could be put into them all over the planet. After a period of disorder , cash was gone but credit was the form of exchange , totalitarian governments were overthrown by their citizens , and the civiization went to new heights because energy was the only thing that needed to be used to create everything without utilizing scarce material resources.Design and production was decentralised ,eveyone could and did duplicate what ever they needed. The aliens were terribly disapointed that the disruption did not cause collapse and the invasion was called off .     Read long ,long ago .  John II

Jim Banner

If it is possible to scan it and make it from styrene plastic, how far are we from making it from an engineering plastic, followed by making it from metal?  Not just replicating existing parts but making assemblies that today are impossible because of the restraints of machining and assembling.  It boggles the mind

Jim

Robertj668

Any word on when these will be available?

I cannot find them any where yet.

Robert

hawaiiho

I found and purchased one of these assortments back in October. I almost wish that I hadn't. The quality control is very poor on the smaller sections, making them almost useless without quite a bit work.

Hopefully, the reason they aren't found much right now, is that Bachmann is attempting to correct the problems.

Jhanecker2

To JIm Banner:  I remember reading about some form of replicator going to be sent in to orbit with Nasa for fabricating some metal parts . Going to look it up on Nasa & Space websites  J2.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
These are in production, and will ship soon. None have been shipped to date, so, whatever Hawaiiho was looking at, it wasn't this set.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

hawaiiho

Quote from: John Honeck Sr on September 19, 2009, 03:30:06 PM
I found this item in Caboose Hobbies INC. When will this item be available  at other stores? Where can it be bought on line today, if available?
The item contains 2 each of  .75, 1.00, 1.25, 1.50 and 2.00 E-Z gray track connectors.
Thank You

Quote from: the Bach-man on January 04, 2010, 01:44:41 PM
Dear All,
These are in production, and will ship soon. None have been shipped to date, so, whatever Hawaiiho was looking at, it wasn't this set.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Then, I don't know what I have either.  The track assortment(exactly as described above) was shipped to me on 10-13-2009 by M.B. Klein. It was packed in standard Bachmann Track packing and was printed with the Bachmann stock number 44592.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I was laboring under a misapprehension- they have indeed arrived, but were not on my availability list. Sorry for the confusion!
the Bach-man