News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GE 45 ton Change of direction

Started by topito, October 10, 2009, 10:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topito

Hi: I have a GE 45 ton and I want to change the Normal Direction of Travel (NDOT) in the decoder. I have a Digitrax Zephyr Comand. What do you suggest?
Thanks

Chris350

I believe you want to change the value of CV 29 (usually).  It would help to know which decoder is installed.  Also the users guidel ought to have values of CV 29 that set a number of parameters, direction of travel included.

topito

Thanks Cris, the problem is that this loco doesn't have decoder instructions or identification.

rich1998

me thinks the instructions are in e-z command and called 1 amp decoder instructions. look at the left side for e-z command. these worked for my spectrum loco. bac hmann has never been good for instructions
lex

Chris350

Quote from: topito on October 11, 2009, 12:42:11 PM
Thanks Cris, the problem is that this loco doesn't have decoder instructions or identification.
Do you have the guide that came with the Zephyr?  the values are in there as well.  They are standard as far as I know across the DCC specifications, so once you find em they ought to work.  Hold on a sec, let me find mine....

Jeopardy music plays ....
Ok, page 34 of a booklet titled, Mobile Decoder Manual, which I believe came with my Zephyr, or is downloadable from Digitrax, has values for CV29.

a value of 06 decimal, will give you 2 digit addressing, 28/128 speed steps, and forward as normal direction of travel.
a value of 07 will be the same only reverse direction of travel.
a value of 26 will be the same as 06 except with 4 digit addressing
a value of 27 the same as 07 with 4 digit addressing.

It's a non sound loco correct? if so plop it on the programming track, and follow the procedure outlined by Digitrax for programming with the Zephyr..
Best wishes Chris