News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track remote switches

Started by porkenheimer, October 12, 2009, 10:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porkenheimer

I have a lot of EZ track and I don't want to use any other type of track, so is there a solution to the poor operation and quality of the remote switches?  They are so sporatic right out of the box.  Is there another switch out there that is better and will work with the pre-wired remote turnouts?  Something beefier and consistent?

hawaiiho

I have been trying to find the same thing.

I have, in two layouts, 21 turnouts, of which 18 are the wired remote turnouts. It took 25 to get the 18 that work properly, for now.

I sincerely hope some one provides you with an answer.
Replacing turnouts that don't operate properly out the box, or fail in 6 months or less is getting old.

On the upside, Bachmann did replace the ones that were bad out of the box, but the postage makes replacing one at a time not acceptable, cost wise.

Jhanecker2

Basically the turnout controllers amount to 2P2T switch with a momentary contact push button. Have you checked out the Walters Reference Catalog to see if there are other controllers available ?  Atlas make similar controllers which use screw terminals to connect the cables .   I remember there are other controlers but my catalogs are all in the shop office in another building and it's cold outside.  I will check later;  got to get a computer & an either-net line in there .  John II.

meguell3

3 words. ATLAS TRU TRACK!
It connects to ez track and it works a million times better.
Either that or just suck it up and use regular manual switches..
I have 50+ switched and they're all manual..

Joe Satnik

Dear PH,

If you are looking for an alternative slide-push control box, here is the Atlas #56:

AC accessories power in on left 2 terminals, daisy chained out on right 2 terminals.

Middle 3 terminals on top to turnout solenoid.  Control middle terminal to turnout solenoid middle terminal.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

hawaiiho

Quote from: meguell3 on October 13, 2009, 12:00:01 PM
3 words. ATLAS TRU TRACK!
It connects to ez track and it works a million times better.
Either that or just suck it up and use regular manual switches..
I have 50+ switched and they're all manual..

Thanks. I am having such a high failure rate with the EZ Track turnouts, I will give them a try.

BestSnowman

Quote from: porkenheimer on October 12, 2009, 10:11:03 PM
I have a lot of EZ track and I don't want to use any other type of track, so is there a solution to the poor operation and quality of the remote switches?  They are so sporatic right out of the box.  Is there another switch out there that is better and will work with the pre-wired remote turnouts?  Something beefier and consistent?

I'd recommend the atlas switch as well, the connector bachmann uses can be handing but the flexibility of straight wires is nice.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog