News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

train people

Started by rich1998, October 20, 2009, 03:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich1998

I just found a site with a lot of unpainted and painted figures. Could i post the link here?
Below are the scales

HO Scale
S Scale
O Scale
3/8" Scale
Large Scale

lex

jettrainfan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

rich1998

ok here goes. found this site in a search for something else. have not bought anything yet

http://scalefigures.com/

lex

CNE Runner

Lexon - Great website! What attracted me was the variety of figures...perfect for a late 19th century scene. These look to be craftsmanlike, quality figures and their price reflects that...'well worth the expense for those front-of-the-layout scenes. A nice feature was the drastic reduction in price should one wish to obtain these figures unpainted.

Many thanks,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Jim Banner

A really nice selection of peoples.  Rather more pricey than the $.17 I've been paying for painted 0 scale figures but a much larger variety.  Thanks Lex.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ebtbob

Jim,

Where are you getting O scale painted figures for 17 cents?
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Bill Baker

To Jim Banner:

Jim, there appears to be a couple of good candidates for your meat cutter figures you were asking about on another post.

Bill
Bill

Jim Banner

ebtbob,
I have been buying them from a Hong Kong supplier who uses the name "wehonest" on eBay.  Here is one of his current listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-pcs-Figures-O-scale-1-50-Painted-People-passenger_W0QQitemZ390107864067QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item5ad43d9c03

I see his price has gone up a bit since I last bought from him, but they are still under 20 cents a piece.  He calls them "landscape figures" which I think is a good description.  They are not the "foreground quality" figures that lex linked to, but hey, 40 of these guys in the background vs, 1 of those guys in the foreground for the same price.  Actually, I have been having fun turning some of these 21st century guys and dolls into 19th century ladies and gentlemen.  In the photos at the link below, all three women are the same and so are the three men.  Hats made of washers and green putty and dresses made of shrink tubing and green putty look just fine when painted.  Please keep in mind that you are seeing them at almost twice their size.
http://members.shaw.ca/rockridgerailway/photos/figures.html

Bill,
I think that was steamgene that was looking for meat cutters, but yes, I agree with you.  I have found that modifying figures is easy and even a non-artistic techie like me can manage to do a passable job.

Jim

Bill Baker

Auugggh!  Right you are Jim, it was Steam Gene.  My ole memory isn't what it used to be.  Now, where did I put that brass Connie I was working on?????
Bill

Johnson Bar Jeff

Jim, I love your cowboys!  ;D

I've seen eBay listings from "wehonest," and frankly I've been a little leery of them because of the Hong Kong location, but if you've had good experiences with that seller, perhaps I should take another look at his HO listings.

Bill Baker

Jeff,

I have bought from them too and they provide quick delivery considering it's coming from Hong Kong.  I bought a bag of 20 or so trees pretty cheap.  However, they are definetly background trees.  Not much realism as to color or structure, but they can be spray painted again.
Bill

rich1998

Musket Miniatures/Rustic Rails has people but for older times. only ho and n i believe.
lex

Jim Banner

I too was leery the first time I bought something out of Hong Kong.  But not any more.  Now it is one of the first places I look, particularly for electronic components.  Shipping is cheap and surprisingly quick - quicker than from the US and cheaper than from the next province.  Most purchases are off eBay.  I guess you don't make 15,000 sales and get a 99.9% rating by stiffing your customers. ;D

Jim

SteamGene

I've been buying groves of trees from "we honest."  They do take to spray paint quite nicely and aren't bad.  Since I'm doing Virginia's Shenandoah Valley I need LOTS of trees.  Delivery is normally fast and price is low  - he gets by that by a high charge for s/h - but it still comes out to a decent price. 
I'll have to check into the meat cutters. 
Thanks.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Johnson Bar Jeff

Thanks, everybody, for the favorable reports on "wehonest." EBay ratings are OK, but it's always good to hear from people who have had good experiences with a particular seller.

Quote from: SteamGene on October 22, 2009, 01:25:22 PM
Delivery is normally fast and price is low  - he gets by that by a high charge for s/h - but it still comes out to a decent price. 

Reminds me of the old saying, "You can have it fast, cheap, or good. Pick two."  ;D