News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

info

Started by full maxx, November 24, 2009, 06:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

looking for more info on the Berkshire 2-8-4 Pere Marquette such as engine number of pick up wheels does it have sound / smoke and what not also what kind of warranty on all Bachmann trains (engines) Edit ; ok found the limited life time warranty...is there a way to register the product
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

No smoke and no sound is included. Just standard basic DCC decoder. You register the engine by submitting the warranty card, with a receipt from an authorized Bachmann dealer. Note that if you bought this online there is a good chance it is not warranted because are not the original owner technically. May I inquire who you purchased it from?

full maxx

look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jdmike

You should be fine purchasing it thru that hobby shop.  Any reputable hobby shop is ok, its some of the Etailers that deal on ebay or a website and operate out of thier garage that might be questionable for warrenty issues.  I deal with the Train Exchange in Kokomo, Indiana myself, excellent prices both instore and for special orders.   I just bought a NKP one.    Cheers   Mike

full maxx

well hockey pucks...I was gonna order it tonight but I don't think they take pay pal so to the bank in the morning

jdmike

Dont ya hate it when that happens, Enjoy your new engine when it arrives.   Mike

full maxx

well the new/first train set should get here first...I have not played engineer in 30+ years but only until my son gets home from granny gogo's then it gets reboxed till Christmas...got to break it in and grease the wheels if you know what I mean

full maxx

well peach creek shops does not have it in stock and said it would be about 12-14 business days before they can get it ..if Bachmann has it in stick so... it will come from model trains n stuff

jbsmith

try this outfit  out,,,inventory is real time,,,they are located in Maryland

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/category_s/1724.htm

i have ordered from them many times, never had a problem, they got a good reputation,
AND if you are close enough

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/MB_Klein_Retail_Store_s/1207.htm

full maxx

yeah the post before yours ...I typed in the name wrong , I ordered it today ...they had 7 in stock , he said it would go out Mon or Tues

full maxx

I have the explorer new york express coming this week and can't seem to find out anything about the transformer ...does anybody know the specs as in will it run the oval the set comes with and the smaller oval that comes with other sets without the tracks being connected obviously with feeders... the oval that comes with the set is 63x45 and the other oval is 38x56 thanks for the info

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on November 29, 2009, 09:09:00 PM
I have the explorer new york express coming this week and can't seem to find out anything about the transformer ...does anybody know the specs as in will it run the oval the set comes with and the smaller oval that comes with other sets without the tracks being connected obviously with feeders... the oval that comes with the set is 63x45 and the other oval is 38x56 thanks for the info
It cannot run two separate ovals, at least at different speeds because it only has one throttle. I do not know how many amps it is, but if your set is older stock it will be a spectrum transformer and if newer, it will be a standard line transformer.

full maxx

its new in the box so I guess its standard line and I did not think about two transformers ...obviously a newb , could you recommend a decent second transformer and again thanks in advance... would this work http://cgi.ebay.com/BACHMANN-SPECTRUM-HO-NICKEL-OVAL-TRACK-TRANSFORMER_W0QQitemZ130347210351QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item1e594c966f

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on November 29, 2009, 09:53:03 PM
its new in the box so I guess its standard line and I did not think about two transformers ...obviously a newb , could you recommend a decent second transformer and again thanks in advance... would this work http://cgi.ebay.com/BACHMANN-SPECTRUM-HO-NICKEL-OVAL-TRACK-TRANSFORMER_W0QQitemZ130347210351QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item1e594c966f
That transformer is the one that is included in the older version of your particular set that you purchased and will work fine in conjunction with the one you get with your new set.

full maxx