News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question on speed matching

Started by Roget, December 03, 2009, 10:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roget

I have an FT A/B set. I just installed digitrax decoders in both. The B unit runs much faster than the A.
(much more so in reverse) What effect,harm, will this have on the two when coupled together?
Does anyone know how to speed match them so they will run at the same approximate speed. I fear damaging my A unit by having the B unit "pull" it.

Thanks for any help.

Roget

ABC

If applicable change the speed tables, I am not sure what CVs it would be though. In order to change CV values you need something like a Dynamis, an E-Z Command cannot change CVs (except basic ones like lights, direction, and address).

jwoj69

Quote from: Roget on December 03, 2009, 10:16:18 PM
I have an FT A/B set. I just installed digitrax decoders in both. The B unit runs much faster than the A.
(much more so in reverse) What effect,harm, will this have on the two when coupled together?
Does anyone know how to speed match them so they will run at the same approximate speed. I fear damaging my A unit by having the B unit "pull" it.

Thanks for any help.

Roget

If Your A-B set was working well before installing the decoders, this will not cause problems. At least You should be able to spot a problem before blowing up decoder.
Avoid using different manufacturers of A and  B units! I would use at least new revised SPectrum diesels!
jack