News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

they're here

Started by full maxx, December 06, 2009, 11:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

Well my train stuff arrived last week but we were leaving to go to the Chattanooga Choo Choo for the weekend and we had a blast , it was really great , we slept in an old Victorian train car converted into rooms and took a little train ride and visited the model museum ...man it was great but here are a few pics of the presents for my little guys Christmas ... up first is the unlettered Pere Marquette then the consolidated from the set...can't wait for Christmas and pics of Chattanoogs will follow in a day or two
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

You mean "they're here", by the way there's nothing wrong with that New York Central Paint, if you change your mind...

full maxx

we really wanted the Polar Express paint scheme but the guy at the train store in Greensboro said it would possible be after Christmas so oh well , I like the New York scheme but hes crazy over the Polar Express and sorry about the spelling I've been on the road since 12:15 this morning and I'm suffering from drive lag
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Jim Banner

Quote from: ABC on December 07, 2009, 12:13:19 AM
You mean "they're here"...
ABC, you might want to take it easy when it comes to correcting others' spelling and grammar.  Doing so makes it fair game for others to correct yours.  (Yeah, I know, you and I never make mistooks do we  ;D)

full maxx,
I've always had a soft spot the the New York Central.  Probably because my first electric train was NYC.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

full maxx

here are some pics from the weekend

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: full maxx on December 07, 2009, 12:34:04 AM
we really wanted the Polar Express paint scheme but the guy at the train store in Greensboro said it would possible be after Christmas so oh well , I like the New York scheme but hes crazy over the Polar Express and sorry about the spelling I've been on the road since 12:15 this morning and I'm suffering from drive lag

So, speaking of the Polar Express, I stirred up some trouble last week when I got a haircut. My barber is semiretired and cuts hair in his home. Even before Thanksgiving, he had his "Christmas trainyard" set up, with a table-top Christmas tree and all animated amusement park rides. I didn't look too closely at the scale, because the overall impression was cute and fun and festive, and it seemed churlish to me to quibble about scale.

Anyway, he had a Lionel steam-powered freight running around his amusement park. I said to him, "You know what would look really cute running around that amusement park? Lionel makes a Polar Express train set."

You could see the lightbulb go on over his head. He has grandkids, so. ...  ;D ;)

full maxx

just remind him to thank you for the inspiration

ABC

Quotehere are some pics from the weekend
It looks like everyone had a great time.

full maxx

it indeed was a great little getaway

full maxx

all the pics from the weekend excursion... train stuff starts at page 8 and the model RR at page  12... we also went to Star Cars in Gatlinburg and the aquarium and a tree farm where we cut our very own Christmas tree, it was also snowing when we woke up Sat. morn  http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/nitroburnr/?start=0