News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#6 turnout specs...again.

Started by NWsteam, December 11, 2009, 05:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

According to Hunt, the crossovers are 21-1/4" long, with a 2-3/8" (center-line to center-line) track spacing.

You will need to do isolation cuts on the crossovers if you want to run your trains in DC-Block mode.  (Inside oval on different circuit than outside oval.) 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

full maxx

how about running on one transformer with feeders or is that too much track...also can the same transformer control the switches at the same time since they only work for like a half a second
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

It can control both the loco and the turnouts, but you will not be happy with the results. It will cause your loco to slow down or possibly even come to a complete stop, and will be even worse if running 2 trains, and worse yet if you are running locos double or triple headed.

full maxx

is there a booster to help running dc
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

No, just buy a better power pack rated at more amps, but it would be cheaper to use one cheaper power pack to run the locos and one to power the accessories.

full maxx

are the switches 12 or 16 volts ,the auction or Bachmann does not say on there respective pages

jbsmith

Quote from: NWsteam on December 11, 2009, 10:43:15 PM
I think I'm just going to run to the hobby shop tomorrow and take a tape measure with me.

jbsmith- Bachmann doesn't make 24" radius do they? I thought the next size up after 22" was 26". Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the help everyone.

-Brad

You're right,,the next up from 22" is 26" for Bachman EZ-Track.
I was thinking of Atlas True Track,,that goes from 22" to 24"