News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I'm back!

Started by Bruce Moore, January 11, 2010, 02:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Moore

:D Been gone far too long due to many things including health and new great grandson. When I got better, we decided to reclaim our whole basement as a family room; thus reduce my layout into a 9'6" x 11'3" space. Will raise it to prevent small people damage that occurred; will also construct according to plans in MRR and other pubs using a HO and N ruler (N scale will simulate distance as well as provide a train ride in my amusement park).
Looking at several other authors' inputs, I wish that it were possible to have one of my progeny to have fun with and teach modeling skills -- perspective, hand-eye coordination, 'guess'-timation, etc., are skills that I learned as a youngster and have recalled in model railroading. Maybe I can get close enough to my great granchildren to be able to help them learn the pleasures of esthetics and satisfaction of seeing modelling projects through to completion.
Havin' fun with my HO run! dBm

RAM

Bruce, It is good to have you back. 

CNE Runner

We use our youth to learn; and our old age to understand.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Santa Fe buff

Ray,
Is that why we don't like mid-life?

Great adage! (That's what it is, right?)

Cheers,
Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

CNE Runner

You are corrent Joshua...that is an adage ["a saying, often in metaphorical form, that embodies a common observation"]. I used to have a framed version of this adage in my office for the consideration of my clients. Here is another that I wish I had followed throughout my life: "If your mind should go blank, don't forget to turn off the sound."

Cheers,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"