i've just bought the above and like some technical info
can anyone help
what voltage does the tram operate at and I assume its dc
secondly how does the ez track and control work
thanks
ralff

BIG BEAR

Hi Ralff,

I have 2 of these sets (in United Traction colors).
Not sure of voltage.
Yes they are DC with the motor and control being in the barn. The speed control is on the outside of barn (just a little Knob at base on backside or opposite door). 
The special wired "auto reversing" EZ track has wiring under track. This is protected by a black plastic covering. The only precaution I can think of is to make sure the special "End Piece" goes at the end of the track as it is what reverses the trolley or any motive power you may be using. This piece is different as the wiring does not go to the connectors at the end of the track.

Hope this helps,

Enjoy,
         Barry

Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

ralff

hi barry
thanks for your help
does  anyone know if would I be able to run any trams on this system and would the auto reverse work with different makes of rolling stock
best wishes

Hamish K

Yes

The electonics for the reversing mechanism are not in the streetcar itself but in the control barn and the special track. Any powered tram, loco or other powered vehicle that can run on EZ track will reverse if used on a streecar set.

Hamish

ralff

thanks for the help
now the next question
can you extend the dwell/stop time at either end of the trams run
in hope
ralff

BIG BEAR

Hey Ralff,
     Great question. The older sets (they had red brick barns) had the capability to set / adjust the stop time, but did NOT have an adjustable speed. IMHO- they ran way too fast. The new sets have adjustable speed, but cannot adjust stop time.
  Oh yes we model railroaders want the best of both worlds all the time,  Huh.

Enjoy,
         Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.