News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2010 0n30 annual........

Started by tac, January 22, 2010, 12:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

Evenin', folks, just got my 2010 0n30 annual delivered and have to say that it is a complete inspiration to anybody even in the least bit interested in this scale.

There is some wondrous stuff in there!!!

Highly recommended!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

mabloodhound

Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

El Loco

I reworked one Bachmann box car per "instructions" given in the 0n30 annual.  What a difference. 5 Thumbs up!
;)

tac

Well, I'm going to order all the back numbers.  Can't miss out on THIS treasure trove!

tac, inspired
www.ovgrs.org

Tomcat

I have just finished the On30 Bachmann Consolidation kitbash into a D&RGW C-21, which is, if you follow the hints given in the On30 annual, a straightforward job! I used the tender body from a Bachmann 4-6-0 which I had kitbashed in a RGS No.20.

Now I´m just about to get the needed parts together for the other kitbash - a C-25 out of a Bachmann Connie, though. The counterweights aren´t accurate for a D&RGW engine, but I don´t care. Out comes a wonderful, good running lokie...

I have already sent the author my thanks by heart!

Cheers, Tom :) :) :)

tac

Quote from: Tomcat on January 23, 2010, 06:20:11 AM
I have just finished the On30 Bachmann Consolidation kitbash into a D&RGW C-21, which is, if you follow the hints given in the On30 annual, a straightforward job! I used the tender body from a Bachmann 4-6-0 which I had kitbashed in a RGS No.20.

Now I´m just about to get the needed parts together for the other kitbash - a C-25 out of a Bachmann Connie, though. The counterweights aren´t accurate for a D&RGW engine, but I don´t care. Out comes a wonderful, good running lokie...

I have already sent the author my thanks by heart!

Cheers, Tom :) :) :)

Sadly, the sheer cost of the stuff makes kit-bashing a no-brainer here in UK, where the Connie costs almost $400.  I'll keep anything I do really basic.  Thankfully, Backwoods Miniatures is located not far from me, and THEY are affordable.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

ossygobbin

tac
$400 where are you shopping ?
connies £82.50 here
http://on30trains.co.uk/

normacker

Yes, those C-21/C-25 "conversions" in the Annual look great. I'd like to try one for CB&Q 537. Can anyone refresh my memory for where I might find plans of the Bachmann 2-8-0 outside frame or the prototype at Alder Gulch? I'd like to match them against my 537 plans to see if I can get close enough. I'll have to make new counterweights, though.

Thanks!