News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tender Truck on 2-8-0 Baldwin

Started by Les, January 23, 2010, 04:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

The front truck on the Baldwin 2 -8-0  tender does not turn freely - I have tried to loosen the screw but apparently the treads are damaged.  Because of this problem the tender does not negotiate a 45 degree crossover without derailing.  Any suggestions or this is a candidate for service at Bachmann? If the latter, can you get good service through Bachmann's customer service and how do you reach them?  Thanks for you assistance.    ??? ??? ???

ABC

So did you strip the screw or did you ruin the top part of the screw making it unturnable? If it is under warranty and your actions did not ruin the screw (i.e. a defective part) then I would just go ahead and send it in to Bachmann for repair/replacement.

rich1998

I just looked at my tender and inside the tender there is a metal nut for the screw. There is a little bit of threadlocker on the threads and possibly this threadlocker has locked the threads and you are turning the nut also. You will have to remove the tender shell and hold the nut while removing the screw.

lex