News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela express couplers

Started by full maxx, January 27, 2010, 06:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

Seems like I read something on here about the Acela couplers but can't find it...are the couplers hard to find or are they just standard couplers
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jonathan

They are a unique coupler design.  I have been able to aquire the entire coupler assembly from the service dept.  I believe they keep those parts around, due to their uniqueness.

Regards,

Jonathan

full maxx

thanks for the info ... do you know the cost per coupler assembly
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jonathan

FM,

Can't recall, but I remember the shipping cost more than the assembly, so it couldn't have been very expensive.

R,

Jonathan

BaltoOhioRRfan

Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

full maxx

ok the ad for the acela express says dcc ready but the diagram show a decoder in the loco... so does it come with a decoder or is it ready to have one installed

ABC

It is DCC ready- that is sans decoder.

full maxx

so it has a sans decoder installed...is that the same decoder as in the rest of the spectrum line

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on January 28, 2010, 09:47:16 PM
so it has a sans decoder installed...is that the same decoder as in the rest of the spectrum line
sorry sans means "without", my apologies unless you were joking...

full maxx

nope missed it but ok what kind of decoder should I get...and will the decoder control the lights in all the cars or are they controlled by the power on the rails which I think is the situation

full maxx

when installing a decoder, is there anything to program as in will it just plug in and work as if it came with the decoder to start with

ABC

You may want to program a new address, instead of using the manufacturer's default address. And if you want to run it on DC you have have to turn analog mode on depending on the decoder.

full maxx

I bought the Acela Express last night ...should be here Friday, also won the Bachmann DCC system last night...should be here Monday...what decoder should I get that is the least amount of trouble for the beginner and can they be plugged in backwards and if so will it  destroy anything

full maxx

full maxx