News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

double header

Started by full maxx, February 28, 2010, 01:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

ok this is the new diesel...I was wonder if I want to make a consist with one just like it or would it be bad if they have the same road number , is there a dummy engine like this or should I get another one just like it and run them back to back...since they are the same they should run the same and it would be easy with the ez command http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=278
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jonathan

Personal Opinion:

To me, I would rather have two exactly matched locomotives.  Makes things simpler when operating.  When you get comfortable with "tinkering", you can always change a number.

These are two Bach Baby Trainmasters.  They are both #928.  I have removed the "8" off of one.  I have some decals on backorder (fingers crossed) that should match the font and color, so one loco can become #927.

Of course, with DCC, I suppose you consist about any kind of loco, if you know how to adjust speed steps.  That's still Greek to me, though.

Regards,

Jonathan

uncbob

Don't know if they make dummies but if they do that would be the way to go-cheaper

A single diesel like that SD45 will easily pull enough cars by itself to make up a realistic looking load with a dummy 

full maxx

yeah the 407 is a great runner , nice n strong but I like the look of a double header
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jward

you might want to checque on ebay or at a hobby shop for one of these. if i am not mistaken, the sd45s have been run in several numbers. you may have to buy a non dcc version to get the different number, and convert it.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

uncbob

Quote from: full maxx on February 28, 2010, 09:17:34 AM
yeah the 407 is a great runner , nice n strong but I like the look of a double header
What I was trying to say was a dummy would give you a double header --It wouldn't have to a powered unit as the main unit has enough power

full maxx

it will pull 13 freight car plus three cabooses with little strain

ABC

Bachmann does not make dummy/non-powered SD45's, but Athearn had blue box kits for them, who says they have to have identical paint schemes.

uncbob

Quote from: full maxx on February 28, 2010, 12:34:59 PM
it will pull 13 freight car plus three cabooses with little strain
I am willing to,bet it will handle a heck of a lot more than that

My Atlas B23-7 can pull 24 USRA coal hoppers and  a caboose all weighted to NMRA specs with ease

full maxx

that is all the freight cars I have at the moment...I guess I need to make another spur to park more on, but the layout is only so big, dont wanna hit what I'm pulling lol ;D

full maxx

well the seller I got the SD45 from has listed another one per my request...just debating whether or not to get it

uncbob

Trains from the same manufacturer usually run the same so if you want another why not see if there is another type diesel--Double headers don't always have the same types and that way you would have 2 different type diesels

uncbob

I just checked and they have 2 Great Northern GP30s
You could double head a GP30 with the SD45 and have 2 different types in your roster

full maxx

so IF I get another sd40 they will run the exact same and would not cause a problem...one forward n one backward

ABC

Yes all you would need to do is program one to have the opposite direction.