News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Southern Pacific P-8 Pacific

Started by Trains Again, May 06, 2007, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trains Again

Are there any plans of Bachmann or Bachmann Spectrum making a Southern Pacific P-8 type engine? I would really like to see one of the famous #2472 :)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqkBwxLCAU

lanny

Nice photo! Don't know what Bachmann's plans are regarding that locomotive or any other Pacific style locomotive, but I think when Mr. Bach Man gets the 'green light' from Bachmann, he lets us know what is coming down the track from the company.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

the Bach-man

Dear Trains,
I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Trains Again

Hoople

This is a good idea. Sure, I want the 4-12-2... but bachmann probably won't ever make one. I've heard rumors of BLI making one tho. w00t!
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Trains Again

Quote from: Hoople on May 10, 2007, 08:38:58 PM
This is a good idea. Sure, I want the 4-12-2... but bachmann probably won't ever make one. I've heard rumors of BLI making one tho. w00t!

Enough with the 4-12-2 Hoople. That topic was long over almost a year ago. Your starting to obsess on it a little too much.

Hoople

Quote from: Trains Again on May 13, 2007, 03:34:25 AM
Quote from: Hoople on May 10, 2007, 08:38:58 PM

Enough with the 4-12-2 Hoople. That topic was long over almost a year ago. Your starting to obsess on it a little too much.

A year ago? Wasn't it more of 6 months ago? Ah who cares. I still want a couple... Yeah I am obsessing... but they are cool...
-Hoople-

Trains Again

Supposedly, BLI is going to be making one. I'd rather wait for that sense they have sound in their engines :-)

SteamGene

Hoople - what size turnouts and radii do you have?  Can you actually run one? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Trains Again

He would probably have to gave at least a 30 - 35" radii to handle one. Its something that would work better for BLI to make, and not Bachmann.

This would probably be the sharpest radii this engine could take shown here:

Hoople

Quote from: SteamGene on May 13, 2007, 05:25:54 PM
Hoople - what size turnouts and radii do you have?  Can you actually run one? 
Gene

Well about that... Probably not, unless it has some blind drivers. I have Atlas Custom #4s and 22"s... and yes, I know that is too short.
Hey, I could set up a long straightaway on the floor. Then there is the club...
I still would go nuts to have one.
-Hoople-

SteamGene

Atlas Custom #4s will cause it to derail to Lower Slobovia.  A 22" radius will make it look like elephants in tutus. 
Think 2-8-0.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Hoople

Quote from: SteamGene on May 16, 2007, 08:19:30 PM
Atlas Custom #4s will cause it to derail to Lower Slobovia.  A 22" radius will make it look like elephants in tutus. 
Think 2-8-0.
Gene

I thought 2-8-0 march. I now own a 2-8-0 with sound. Very nice, good job bachmann. And yes, I know if it did run around my curves and switches it would look bad. Lets hope I can get my expansion I want and have some 30" curves  ;D
-Hoople-

Trains Again

To give you guys my honest answer......I would rather have a Southern Pacific P-8 like the one in the picture at the top of the page more than a 4-12-2. I just really love #2472. Its been one of our family's favorite engines. And to have that run with my Bachmann Daylight #4449.......it would be a dream come true lol.

A video of #2472: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqkBwxLCAU

Amtrak_Titan

I would love to have a Southern Pacific P-8 in ho scale.  ;)