News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez track question

Started by jjeeffff, May 06, 2007, 03:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjeeffff

Hi, I am getting ready to set up my ho scale layout and am wanting to buy the new nickel ez track to replace the 15 year old standard track that originally came with the layout. My question is will my power pack wire up the same way as the old track did, using a terminal rerailer or does it get wired up differently? I believe the old set has the red lead in wires that ran from the power pack to the track. Thanks in advance!!

jayl1

EZ track has a special re-railer/terminal track.  Just plug in 1 end & attach the other to the power.  Also go with the nickel silver (gray) roadbed.

jjeeffff

Bojangle

My first experience with the NS (Nickel silver) ez track was a little touchy at first getting the rail joiners in line.  I called Bachmann and was told it does take a little wiggling and pushing the joiners with a fingernail to get it lined up.  But don't force things, when they are properly aligned they lock right into place.  I was very impressed with the smoothness of the track joints, there is very little rail clack. The little plug that comes with the terminal rerailer  isn't polarized, so if things run backward, either turn the plug over or change the connections to the pack.
Good luck
Bo 

Jim Banner

It is also possible to solder feeder wires to EZ track if you want to hide the wiring under the table.  Most of the methods used with regular track will work - soldering the wires to the outside base of the rails, soldering the wires to the bottoms of rail joiners, etc.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

BIG BEAR

You could try what I did, I put in another piece of terminal re-railer
where I wanted it, and ran a long wire back to my power source. This ran under my blanket of snow.
      EZ track terminal re-railers come in 18 curved or 9 in. straights. I also put in re-railers just to keep my consist running smooth after my 1 nasty curve. I believe for my next winter village, I will put in non wired rerailer tracks at all road crossings. This just makes the crossing effect look more realistic. My modeling era is too early to use EZ track crossings.
     I do also agree use the grey road bed n/s. I'm in the process of changing over to all n/s myself.

Enjoy,
                    Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.