News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC with sound

Started by BuddyN, March 15, 2010, 05:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddyN

Looking for a diesel engine equiped with sound that will work with my ez command DCC system. I looked on the home page and only steam had the sound. If not a spectrum diesel then what other engine would work with the limited function. I do like the system just want to up-grade. Or should I be looking for sound to add to the engines I already have?

Thanks
Buddy

ABC

Try Broadway Limited Blueline, Proto 2000 or Athearn Genesis locos w/ DCC and sound.

BuddyN

Will they all work on the ez command system with thw limited functions. Again thanks for the advice.

ABC

Yeah, but you will not be able to use all of the sound effects, only about 8 of them. Also you can get an MTH loco w/ sound, but it is not completely compatible with DCC.

Tylerf

Generally all American brand and some foreign ones will work on any dcc system, when it comes to decoders, if they meet nmra standards then they will work with the ezcommand. The only loss is the functions above 9.

ABC

MTH uses a system called Digital Command System (DCS), which is capable of operating only MTH engines, and is not completely interchangeable with DCC.