News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Release DDA40X Questions

Started by C855B, March 27, 2010, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C855B

First, my thanks for a great model. I have five from the first run, and am looking forward to more from the announced release to add new numbers to the fleet. A few questions:

• Is it safe to assume that the new release will come with the new couplers? If so, given the coupler pocket changes necessary to accomplish this, will the parts be available to retrofit to the previous run?
  • Will the truck frame profile be corrected... hopefully... please? It is the most glaring model fidelity issue in the new design. And if so, can we get retrofits?
  • Will the horn casting be corrected? If the intent was to capture the Leslie S5TRRO, then it was a huge miss, emphasis on huge. However, it's easy enough correct in the aftermarket - the trucks are not.
  • Will parts be available generally? We've been somewhat frustrated by having to buy whole models just to get pieces for kitbashing and details correction. Plus the nice, fine handrails (THANK YOU!) are... uh... a little fragile. (Oops.)

The biggest issue to me and many others is the truck appearance. It would save a huge amount of work if they were re-profiled for better fidelity to the prototype. The other detail issues are easy enough to correct, including the swiveling pilots, but the trucks are a major effort to re-model.

Thanks!

the Bach-man

Dear C,
I'll pass your concerns along to product development.
Thanks,
the Bach-man