News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

my fair well

Started by pcctrolleyII, April 26, 2010, 07:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcctrolleyII

Welp i guess i'll bid every one good by since it somes like i get the cold sholder when i post here so i'm leaving. your not going to ruin my hobby because you want to be mean. goodby and happy railroading to you all. Thank you to all who did give me the rspect to at least respond and not start a whole new convo in my threads.

PCC Trolleys for ever!!!!

PCCtrolleyll over and out for the last time.
PCC trolleys for life.

jettrainfan

im sorry to hear that people were like that, hope to see you on here again if possible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

NarrowMinded

ahh shoot don't go off mad... it's just a railroad forum I'm sure nobody ment any harm.

NM

Bruce_Bennett

WoW, I missed the first ten rounds! What was that all about?  ???
I hate to see anyone leave without any kind of mediation. Well maybe
there was.

Bruce

Doneldon

I'm sorry to see you go away, especially angry.  Try to remember that there are always a few bad eggs; that doesn't mean everybody here is a jerk.  And I'd rather not see you leave to go out in the back yard to eat worms.  It's better to tell the people who have been offensive how you've felt and try to get it straightened out.  All of us have been a little rude at times and have been treated not exactly the right way on occassion.  It's not a good reason to run off.  So I hope you'll reconsider, but if you don't, happy model railroading.
     --D

Colorado_Mac

Bummer.  :-[ Hope you try again.

CNE Runner

'PC' - As with any group of people there are bound to be 'bouts' of discord. I have experienced this myself a couple of times and dealt with it by not reading (nor posting) for at least 30 days. This gives all parties a chance to 'cool down' and return to reality. The Bachmann Forum (and others) combine participants who have different backgrounds, varying education, differing skill levels and vastly dissimilar psyches (we won't get into personal life scripts). Couple this with the ability to retain ones anonymity - behind the computer screen - and you have the makings of a social nightmare.

I would urge that you think of the most important individual in your life...YOU! By removing yourself, from this (or anyother social discourse) you are losing the ability to tap into the accumulated knowledge of the forum participants...that is a 'losing' scenario. Come on 'PC'...you can rise above this. Isn't it just possible that you mistook the intent of the other person's words? If you didn't...don't 'sweat' the small stuff as tomorrow is another day (some very needy folks try to make themselves greater by belittling others).

In summary: Take a break from the forum...that includes reading any threads. Do some work on your layout (or get going on one) and get back in touch with that part of the hobby that is most important...running trains. Lick your emotional wounds, get back on your feet, and chalk this up to another of life's learning situations. Dr. Ray would also recommend that you remove this post as it will only serve to 'reopen an emotional wound'...that decision is up to you.

Good luck,
Ray

"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jward

is there something going on here i am not aware of? are people actively harassing you? or is it that when you start a thread sometimes it doesn't get the attention you want? if that's it. welcome to the club. we've all posted things that got little or no response.

try to look at it from the other side. there are hundreds of posts here everyday. nobody can read them all, let alone post to them. i suspect that most of us read and post to the threads that interest us, or areas where we feel we have something to contribute. just because your thread doesn't get a response doesn't mean anybody is shunning you......

it is what it is.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

pcctrolleyII

I over reacted this week hasn't been the best for me. Don't expect me to be active much if at all. I need some time to cool off.
PCC trolleys for life.

Doneldon

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've over-reacted.  So does my wife.  Seriously, I'm glad you're back.

--D

NarrowMinded

Sometimes we all need to blow off a little
Steam to keep the boiler from blowing up.
NM

CNE Runner

Occasionally 'overreacting' is acceptable. It is our ego's way of determining the limits. I am pleased you decided to stay with our merry band. Yes, taking some time off is good - but don't be afraid to put in your 2 cents once in a while. [As a political hack recently observed: "Only dead fish go with the flow."]

Now that the situation is on its way to resolution, why don't you start a new thread and tell us about your layout or your plans for one? Personally I would be very interested in your efforts.

The important thing about your 'lot' in life is whether you use it for parking or building.

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"