News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Can't assign new addresses, any help?

Started by Bluegill1, June 02, 2010, 02:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluegill1

Got my EZ Command out (was put away last fall). I had four engines assigned 1-4 addresses, had no issues doing it (last fall). Now everything operates only on address three. tried to assign new address's, no go. Have the engine running in forward, pressing the #3 and stop at the same time, release it and the light flashes but doesnt seem to flash "quickly" as the manual states. I continue and press #4, (engine does not move), light doesn't change the flash, I press stop and the engine continues in #3.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
David

Jim Banner

Try pushing #3 and while holding it down, pushing STOP.  When pushing them down together, the STOP button might be making contact a few microseconds before the #3 button.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Kris Everett

sorry jim but i have a slighty better explanation

to program the DCC address

do this remove all locomotives from the track except the one your working with
press and hold number 3 then press the stop button and release both the stop LED will blink fast then press the new number say number 5 the loco will move. the LED will blink slowly. press the stop button again then try it out it should work acording to the DVD i got with my DCC controler

hope this helps
;D

no hard feelings Jim  :'(

TB16 ::)

Jim Banner

trainboy 16,
Your explanation gives lots more detail than mine did.  I just gave the short version which just covered the light not flashing more quickly problem.

Of course no hard feelings.  And no apology necessary.  We are both trying to do the same thing - help Bluegill1 enjoy his trains.  If several of us answer the same question, there is a better chance that the asker will understand the answer, even though all of us has said the same thing but just said it differently.  It works the other way round too.  Several different people reading a question may come to different conclusions about what is actually being asked.  With any kind of luck, at least one of the answers will tell the asker what he really wanted to know.  And sometimes in long threads people mistake what earlier post a particular post refers to.  As you know, I did just that recently and I hope you bear no hard feelings as a result.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Kris Everett

have i ever?

it happens to everyone im only 16 so i dont like to make any one mad at me :)

TB16