I just heard some sad news.....

Started by BaltoOhioRRfan, June 22, 2010, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaltoOhioRRfan

I just heard IHC's founder Bernie Paul has died. I read this on facebook from Athearn trains. RIP
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

lvrr325

It's sad but it's also good news in the sense that maybe we'll see some more action with the product line, there's a lot of decent stuff currently not available new.   So far all I've seen is some slow-moving inventory turning up at discount odd-lots type of stores. 

ABC

That's not new inventory by any means, it is just all off the leftover inventory that they didn't sell. They are currently making nothing. They haven't made anything in a while they are just getting rid of whatever they had left.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: ABC on June 26, 2010, 06:31:42 PM
That's not new inventory by any means, it is just all off the leftover inventory that they didn't sell. They are currently making nothing. They haven't made anything in a while they are just getting rid of whatever they had left.

Perhaps that explains why when I bought some parts to repair the tender to a 2-6-0 last fall, they not only sent me the parts I ordered but also an entire tender!

Unfortunately, I later figured out that I needed another part--an entire "floor" for the tender--but by that time the company was closed.

I can't use the tender they sent me.  :(

ebtbob

Good Afternoon All,

Sad to hear about Bernie Paul.   As a note,   IHC is out of business.   Their excess inventory was bought up by Nicholas Smith of Bromall,  Pa.
This info is over a month old at this point.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: ebtbob on June 30, 2010, 04:35:43 PM
Good Afternoon All,

Sad to hear about Bernie Paul.   As a note,   IHC is out of business.   Their excess inventory was bought up by Nicholas Smith of Bromall,  Pa.
This info is over a month old at this point.

Hmm. Maybe I should get in touch with Nicholas Smith. Perhaps there's hope for my mogul tender after all.   ???