News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Looking for track

Started by jasong, May 20, 2007, 04:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasong

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/index.php?opt=1
http://www.trainsetsonly.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TSO&Product_Code=160-44510&Category_Code=BACH-HO-EZ-NS

I am looking for the rerailer track without the roadbed in Code 83 with the ez connector on the track for the EZ command system. Does Bachmann make that type of track or can anyone send me to a site to get it please?
Thank You in advance.
Jason

SteamGene

I don't think you will find EZ-Track in Code 83, nor do I think you will find any Code 83 with a rerailer.  Those are train set pieces by and large.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

ebtbob

Gene,

You are correct,  EZ track is only code 100.   Now....unless I misunderstood you second statement,  you are wrong.   There is a code 83 rerailer from Atlas,   but of course is not EZ track  which is Bachmann.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

rogertra

A "rerailer track" is for train sets.  EZ track and any manufactured set track is "train set" track.

Bojangle

The EZ Command comes with 2 track wires, one with their proprietary plug for the EZ track connection, the other set has flying leads for connection to any track with screw terminals or joiner, soldering, etc.   Several companies now have "set track",  Kato, Atlas, etc. just means the road bed is attached. 
If you still want to use the plug for convenience, fashion an adapter with 2 crimp on spade terminals and some wire.
I commend Bachmann for their affordable DCC system, it was coordinated with Lenz, the original (contested as of late) designer.
Bo 

Stephen D. Richards

Quote from: jasong on May 20, 2007, 04:27:27 PM
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/index.php?opt=1
http://www.trainsetsonly.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TSO&Product_Code=160-44510&Category_Code=BACH-HO-EZ-NS

I am looking for the rerailer track without the roadbed in Code 83 with the ez connector on the track for the EZ command system. Does Bachmann make that type of track or can anyone send me to a site to get it please?
Thank You in advance.
Jason

Jason,
I may have a curved re-railer in brass that Bachmann made some time ago with the plug you need.  However it is Code 100 in size.  If that will work, I will check to see if I still have it then e-mail you back if you want it.     Stephen

jasong

BoJangle you hit the nail on the head with what I am looking for my Train Set did not come with the flying leads which I am looking for since it seems I can not find what I posted about. Sorry if I confused the others I am not good with the Model Railroad lingo since I am an brand new to this. I am not wanting the set track with roadbed as I have already switched an purchased a huge lot of HO Code 83 atlas track at a very good deal off a hobby shop. The track I purchased did not come with the roadbed so I am forced to laying my own roadbed which if I am correct is called Ballast. So BoJangle where can I purchase the flying lead wire that has the connection that plugs into the the EZ command station and the flying leads on the other? Thanks again to everyone who took the time to read and attempt to understand my post and respond I greatly appericate that. Sorry if my attempt to describe what I wanted was poor for that maybe in the future I will be able to post and explain with the correct lingo. Again Thank you all.

SteamGene

Roadbed goes under the track, ties, and ballast.  What you want to get is one of three things for roadbed:
1.  homosote - available in some hardware/lumber yards
2.  cork roadbed - available in hobby shops that sell trains
3.  pink or blue foam insulation sheets - available as for homosote but more common. 
You will want to cut the homosote and perhaps the insulation.
In any event the track is fastened to the roadbed and then ballasted.  You can do a search on this forum for various methods of fastening track and spreading ballast.  I'd suggest trying several methods to determine which one you like.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Bojangle

Jasong:  Now I get it. Since you bought the EZcommand/trainset combo, they don't include the flying lead wire set. 
The miniplug that plugs into the Command is a miniature stereo plug.  If you have the plug with the Bachmann rectangle plug on the other end, take the thing to Radio Shack and just match that plug.  Solder in two red wires, one to each "sleeve" connection.  The  center (tip) connector of the  plug doesn't get a wire, it is just used to index the plug.
Bo