News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CHECK YOUR HHP-8 ROOF SHROUDS!!!!

Started by mlrr, August 30, 2010, 07:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlrr

I just noticed that whoever assembled one of my HHPs put the wrong roof shroud on one side. 

One side of the roof shroud should have a bunch of little vents and be solid for the most part.  The other side should have one long vent (colored black).  It should also be tooled such that it can easily rest over the access box for the pantograph/track power switch.

Note the two photos below.  They show both sides of the locomotive.  Pay close attention to the roof to see what I'm talking about.  The roof shrouds on both sides resemble what is shown in the second photo.

source: http://www.inventivecomputing.com/acela.html

I just noticed this on one of my locos the other day (number 650).  The others are fine.  The reason this got by me is that I mainly view trains from the inside of my layout as they are virtually up against the wall so I spend 99% of my time looking at one side of my locomotives and rollingstock.  I have another HHP which is still sealed in its box and I'm a little nervous about opening it and discovering the same problem.  I bought both of them around the same time. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

All my other HHPs are fine, I just happened to get one that slipped through the cracks  :(
~Kyle
The Mary Lindsay Railroad - Featuring Amtrak Model Trains
www.marylindsayrr.vze.com