News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Railtruck Query

Started by Stevelewis, October 03, 2010, 08:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevelewis

The  Railtruck has not  really  been high on my  wants  list, however a UK retailer is  having  a  sale and advertised one  for £49.95  ( Thats  around $75)  so  I bought  it!

It  arrived  next day at  around 1-00PM  It  was  all perfectly   factory sealed in its  carton, but  by  3-00pm it was heading  back to  the  retailer!

The  problem was that  the drive to  the  rear driven axle  was  faulty, the truck  moved on the  track but stopped  (with  the motor  still  working)  at  the  slightest up grade!
The  driven axle  would revolve by hand! So I  identify this  as  a  transmission fault at the rear  axle.

Has any one  experienced  this  problem at  all?

STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

ChrisS

Mine does exactly the same thing. I am going to take the trans apart and see about shiming to see if I can get the gears to
Stay in mesh

NarrowMinded

This was a very common problem caused by a split gear it's my understanding that bachmann has differant gears now, perhaps you had one of the old run of trucks with the faulty gear.

NM

Stevelewis

Thanks  for  the  info.

I believe it  was poss an  early edition   from the  date code  stamped in the lid of  the  carton?

I have  rejected  it  and  returned it  to  the  retailer!

Broken Shay

Lucky you,  glad you where able to return it.  I have two and neither one run good, one has been back to bachmann and it came back not running good.   Bought both at the same time.  mistake.

:'(

Stevelewis

I am  beginning  to  think  the  rail truck  perhaps  needs to  be  avoided, I have  heard  a  few  other  adverse  comments  from  users  over  here since   I brought up  the  subject!

As  far  as   returning  to  the  retailer is concerned, over here in  the  UK,   the  Sale of  Goods  act states  thst  it  is  the  responsibilty of  the  RETAILER to  handle any goods  which  are  purchased  which  do not conform to ' merchantable  quality' when  purchased ori in uses  after  purchase ( within a reasonable time).

NarrowMinded

The rail trucks are fun once you get a good one and put sound in it.

NM