News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Newby needs Sound help

Started by CalgaryOn30guy, October 05, 2010, 07:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalgaryOn30guy

Hi everyone. New guy to On30 here. I have purchased all B'Mann stuff. DCC System, 5 engines and rolling stock and track. I( have 2 sound and 2 DCC only locos and 1 DC loco that the factory says DCC can't be installed into ( a 2-6-0 Bumblebee)
I want to add sound to my # 28305 Inside frame 4-4-0. and to my 2-4-4- Forney # 25477.
Can sound be added to these? If so, what Tsunami part # decoders are correct for these engines.
Finally, anyone know if someone in or near Calgary, Alberta can do these installations?
I appreciate all the help I can get as my eyesite and hand co-ordination won't let me install these myself. I'm 73 and was in 3 rail for 20 years.
Thanks
Larry Wen er

NarrowMinded

I can't help you with the installation, im in californai but you can put sound into your 2-6-0 bumblebee, I hardwired a tsunami tsu1000 lightsteam in the bumblebee I got from a set.

Try a google search for a local club someone there maybe able to help you with the installation, maybe contact Jim Banner, he is one of the top dogs that posts and helps out people, He lives in Canada.

NM

Steve Magee

Hi Larry

Sound can be fitted to all of them, though the Forney I bought came already fitted. Still and all, with a Micro Tsunami being able to be fitted into the bunker of a Shay, I don't think the Forney would be much of a problem. I don't think you can buy the Bachmann boards separately, so it may have to be with the Soundtraxx standard (or the mini) decoder.

Have you checked with your local hobby shop to see if they do, or know someone who does, installations?

Regards

Steve Magee
Newcastle NSW Australia

Stevelewis

Hi  larry

I could easily    ftr  those  locos  with  sound  decoders  snag is  I am  in  North  Wales!  But  seriously  there  should  be   someone over  there  who will do  the  job  for  you  I know  that  here  in  the  UK  there  are  many retailers  who  fit  decoders  etc to  bring in a little  extra income  in  these 'hard' times.

Enjoy  your  on30,  I recently gave  up  large  scale in  the  garden  after  over 30 years,  the  reason  it seems  to  be  getting   much  rainier  over  here and  garden railways in  the  wet  are not  much  fun!!
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Tomcat

Hi there Larry,

as my pals here already mentioned - it can be done with the 2-6-0. Best, if you check Harold Minkwitz´s outstanding homepage as Harold has done a outstanding research for all us On30 maniacs out in the world.

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/

I have done various conversions of the Bachmann Mogul following Harold´s perfect written and pictured instructions. Take your time, follow his hints closely and this would work.  Or get a pal who does this for you, but in any case, stick to his recommendations. They´re awesome!

The Tsunamis for the 4-4-0 Inside frame would fit: Medium Steam or, if you like the whistle more - D&RGW C-Class would work as well. The Forneys have "Light Steam" usually, which has a very fitting whistle too!

Best, check www.soundtraxx.com and listen to the sound samples - it´s a bit up to your specific own taste.
Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)