Bach-Man help needed again here at DC operation of a DCC locomotive

Started by toptrain1, October 23, 2010, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toptrain1

today I purchased a HO USRA 2-10-2 loco. it is a DCC its instructions states, Quote [ Your Bachmann DCC-equipped locomotive is also 100 percent backwards-compatible with standard DC (non-digital) railroad layouts. ] end Quote. I take this to mean when I put this locomotive on my DC layout it will respond like a DC locomotive without any programming or change. No removal of DCC chip is necessary. In other words this locomotive will run on DC as well as DCC with no modification. I wonder if it is true? I can just put it on my layout and it will run.

the Bach-man

Dear Top,
It is true, but the loco will run even better with the decoder removed and the jumper plugs (included) installed.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

toptrain1

Thankyou Bach-man. Now to find out where the chip and the jumper plugs are and do it.

the Bach-man

Dear Top,
The circuit board is in the tender. There is a removable decoder, which will be replaced by the jumpers included with the loco.
Check your exploded diagram.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

richg

I and others have run a loco with dual mode decoders but you have to turn the DC power pack up quite a bit more before the loco starts to move.
If you open up the tender, be very careful if you disconnect the loco and tender plugs, pry the plug out gently with a small jewelers screwdriver.

Rich

toptrain1

Bach-man : Following your instructions I looked for and could not find, with the loco, the replacement jumper board. Installing jumpers is easy so can you tell me what pins need to be jumped across to complete the circuits. Pin 8 on the main board is clearly marked, and drawing H833X-IS001 clearly shows the other pin locations of the pins 1,4, and 5. Is it 2 to 8 and 4 to 6 as drawing shows. The jumper 2 to 8 appears to cross over pin 1. And the jumper 4 to 6 apears to crossover pin 5. Is this true, or are they joined with 1,2, and 8 being comonly joined and 4,5,and 6 also.  ? ? ?

the Bach-man

Dear Top,
The jumpers are packaged in a small plastic envelope. If you've lost them, contact the service department.
Have fun!
the Bach-man