Fireman Fred... Oh Fireman Fred... Come out come out wherever you are...

Started by Hoople, June 03, 2007, 04:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoople

I was wondering how Fireman Fred is turned on. My 2-8-0 with sound will sit there, and sit there, with no Fireman Fred. I let it sit for 15 minutes, no coal, no oiling, no nothing 'cept the airpumps and dynamo.
I looked through the manual for it and it doesn't specify a CV to turn it on or off.

Am I missing something or did I get jipped out of coal shoveling?
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

pdlethbridge

r0bert

load the cd rom to see which cv's have to be set to turn the auto sounds,I don't have the disc handy to look it up.

Paul M.

Have you checked to see if on the Bachmann site under their new instruction/diagram section they show what CV to use for shoveling coal? Just a thought...

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Hoople

I know its a coal burner because theres COAL in a COAL BUNKER on the tender.

And yes, I checked the misc. sounds reference on the CD. Nothing there either.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

oldline1

Hoople,

I don't know anything about a CD. I have installed several Tsunamis in my Bachmann 2-10-0's and 2-6-6-2 and have never had any problems with ole Fireman Fred. The Tsunamis don't come with any CD when you buy them as an after market item. I'm assuming that they come with a Bachmann that's factory equipped.

I went to the Soundtraxx website and downloaded all their Tsunami installation and operating guides. They have all the CV's you could ever imagine and some you can't in them. They're a LOT of pages but all the info you need to adjust FF is there.

Roger

harold

if you want to hear fireman fred the cv s are

cv120--fred shoveling coal  0-255

cv121 fred tender filling tender  0-255

cv  122 fred turns wrench 0-255

cv123  fred uses grease gun 0-255

cv 124 fred uses oil can  0-255

cv 125 fred uses injectors 0-255

cv 126 fred uses fire box blowers  0-255

has to manual

r0bert

the spectrum factory installed sound locos include a cd rom with the tsunami manuals on it, one is general setup, and the other is a cv by cv application and settings.