value of HO overland exprees train set from 1920's

Started by bigbob2277, November 24, 2010, 07:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbob2277

What is the value of a 1920's HO Overland Express electric train set with all original boxes, track, transformer, etc.? It is in perfect working condition and cosmetically is excellant. Any help would be great. I think there are 8 or 9 cars. Has an X track to make figure 8 layout.

simkon

Are you sure you mean 1920's, do you mean 1990's, 80's or 70's or 2000's.

bigbob2277

I am not 100% sure, but my dad was born in 1921, so I am thinking late 20's.  Although it may have been purchased later, I  do not know. How can I determine the exact year? Thanks

simkon

Determining the manufacturer will narrow it down a bit. Can you find who made it?

bigbob2277

It says Bachmann Overland EXpress HO. The boxes the cars are in say the same, but have a "Made in China" on them, so mayme it is much more modern. Maybe purchased for Christmas use. It was purchased from The Great TRain Store in Union Station in Washington DC I have a business card from the store.

simkon

The set is at least from 1985 or later. I would estimate sometime between 1990-2000.

bigbob2277

Thank you for your responses. When I saw the nade in China, I had a feeling it was fairly new.  Regards, Bob

simkon

bigbob2277

bobwrgt

You can check for current value by looking it up on Ebay.

Bob