News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

roadnames and new catalog

Started by bevernie, June 06, 2007, 09:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevernie

The last time that I sent some trains in to be repaired, they elected to replace them. I asked if I could change roadnames and was told that I could, but the lady that I talked to did not know what engines were being made at that time, so she had to go find out what was available. She said that
I should get a catalog to find out what was available (since it was so much trouble for her to go check!). I suggested that she keep a list of what is available at that time. When do the new catalogs come out, and what engines are availble at present, should I send in some engines and have to have them replaced?
                                                                                       THANX!!
                                                                                          Ernie
                                                                             Hendersonville, NC
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Bojangle

Hi Ernie
Every company has their own specific selection of road names based on their market analysis.  When a service center receives a loco for warranty work, and the item can't be fixed, they might not be able to provide an exact replacement in a timely fashion.  All they can do is try to provide a suitable replacement.

All of the major companies have web sites listing their present and upcoming products, and there is a wealth of information on the net.  I would not expect a customer service representative to have all the information readily at hand for every situation.  They handle hundreds of calls each day, so their time really is limited.

The information  you seek is available, you just have to do the research yourself.
Bachmann has a great color catalog, it costs $10 and worth every penney.  If you want to see just about all the companies products, go to Discounttrainsonline.com, a division of Gohobbies.com.  They have over 100,000 items in stock, be prepared to peruse over 2,000 pages of product.   
Good luck
Bo