News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

need help P2K 0-6-0 tender drawbar

Started by Stephen Warrington, June 07, 2007, 01:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Warrington

>:( Hi Guys,

Been quiet for a little while been very sick and in hospital again due to stomach and throat problems. I got an orginal P2K 0-6-0 and the draw bar will not stay coupled. It has the plug in type with the connectors made into the drawbar anyone has any idea what to do the clips no longer clip onto the retainers.

Thanks
Stephen

lanny

Hi Stephen,

I can't help you with advice about the drawbar except, maybe you will have to 'fabricate' something in its place, out of styrene.

Sure glad you're out of the hospital and back home. Stay well!

best regards,

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

SteamGene

Stephen, glad you are better.
My experience is that the part with the female plug can sag, keeping the male plug from making good contact.  You need to bend the female up so it will lock tight.  Is it possible in your situation  to make a permanent connection?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Virginian

Is this like the 0-8-0, kind of a plug and socket affair?  If so, what I have done in a similar situation is to get some good black nylon thread, or 2 pound test monofilament fishing line is perfect, and basically tie the plug into the socket.  Slip the line thru the wires from the back side on each half, plug together, and draw the line tight and tie a knot. A drop of strong plastic cement seals the deal.  When you need to take it apart, snip.  You're out one foot of line off a 100 yard spool.
"What could have happened... did."

Stephen Warrington

:) Now Virginian thatis a good idea! I will have to give it a shot. Found a new version of it with DCC and  Sound for $209.95 and my IC 2-10-2 is only 269.95 so it looks like I am going train shopping again.

Mom bought me a  IC outside braced boxcar accurail kit even tho I managed to destroy two strup steps I got it built.

Now to find a good replacement parts for strrup steps ect. for all my models that have minor details broken or missing.

Stephen

SteamGene

Stephen, look under "superdetailing parts" in the Walthers catalog for stirrup steps.  Find the kind that matches what you have left. Then cut them off and replace all four with the newer, finer ones.  Drill holes for the ends of the steps. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"