News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela

Started by full maxx, December 12, 2010, 10:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

I fried the lights of the dummy engine a few months back and would like to replace them...need the circuit board and wires and light board
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

full maxx

ok thanks but the board on mine has the leds made onto it...not bulbs with wire
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

mlrr

Quote from: full maxx on December 13, 2010, 11:53:44 AM
ok thanks but the board on mine has the leds made onto it...not bulbs with wire

Are you talking about the N scale version?
~Kyle
The Mary Lindsay Railroad - Featuring Amtrak Model Trains
www.marylindsayrr.vze.com

full maxx

no this is the ho board

mlrr

Quote from: full maxx on December 14, 2010, 12:13:20 PM
no this is the ho board

The bulbs should be wired to the board with wire leads.  The wire leads have to be de-soldered from the pc board and the replacements soldered to the same location.

I've seen all variants of the drives and pc boards but I haven't seen any of the pc boards where the leds are directly on them.  I'm assuming you mean that there's no easy way to remove the wires without soldering :-\

~Kyle
The Mary Lindsay Railroad - Featuring Amtrak Model Trains
www.marylindsayrr.vze.com

full maxx

I have thrown away the board that was in the dummy engine but the bulbs were made onto the board without wires and they were square