ET&WNC or Lawndale 2-8-0s. Are ya'll ready for another squeeky wheel?

Started by Dusten Barefoot, January 04, 2011, 03:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

Since there are two versions of 4-4-0 offered, why not two versions of 2-8-0s? The outside frame engine is too much south of the boreder for me, so how'a'bout ET&WNC #6, or Lawdale #4?

I don't want to see any of those colorodo engines. They're annoying, and modeled tooooo much, so go with something more out of the ordinary. Besides, #6 can be fashioned into a colorodo engine with no problem.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Royce Wilson

Dusten, It would be intresting to see the sales figures on the existing Bachmann engines, but its probably top secret. If I had to bet on a new engine then I think the Aussies deserve a break here and you have to admit they had some very intresting operations. ;D

Royce

Dusten Barefoot

No offense, but the aussys, have the ungliest trains on earth.

That is my opinoin.

Rock On!
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Hamish K

Quote from: Dusten Barefoot on January 04, 2011, 10:52:26 PM
No offense, but the aussys, have the ungliest trains on earth.

That is my opinoin.

Rock On!
Dusten

I don't know which Australian trains you are thinking of, but Aussie trains were quite varied in steam days, and to a lesser extent are today. Some followed British practices while others were quite American. In ON30 the most obvious choice would be the Puffing Billy 2-6-2t, these were a stock Baldwin design and of typical American appearance. A very similar 30 inch gauge locomotive ran in Hawaii. Another often requested Aussie locomotive is the Victorian Railways narrow gauge Garratt, these are of course very British. There are many others. Given the variety of Aussie trains, do you find them all ugly?

To return to your original post, I suspect that Bachmann had planned both versions of the 4-4-0 before the inside frame was released, and that they share quite a few  parts. This does not appear to have been done for the 2-80, so for Bachmann to introduce a second 2-8-0 would cost more than it did for them to introduce the second 4-4-0. This doesn't mean that they couldn't do it, but sales would need to be greater if development and productions costs were higher.  Having said that, if a second 2-8-0 was to be produced, I would support the Lawndale loco. 

Hamish

Royce Wilson

Dusten, There are people on this side of the pond that have discovered that narrow gauge was all over the world.

I once had the pleasure of meeting Mallory Hope Ferrell(author) and his comment was" there is NO such thing as a ugly narrow gauge engine"  :o

Have you thought that maybe someone on the other side of the world would think that the ET&WNC engine was ugly? :o

I think Bachmann has done some fanstastic feats here and my real wish is that the company survives these present finincial crisis that we are in. ;D

just a thought :D

Royce :-*

darryl1936

I am never against any new product even if it is not something I need or could make do.

If your world revolves around you than it's a very small world indeed !

I think engines are all unique in their environment.

TOF in Hawaii

Dusten Barefoot

Oh my God, i just stated an opinon. Jeez. Yes I think others think that the tweetsie engines are ugly. people have their own opinon, and should not be givin a hard time over it. accept it, and move on.

~Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Royce Wilson

Dusten, I don't think anyone posted any mean opinions here and if I have offened you then please forgive me. this is just a hobby and everyone is here to have a good time.

My opinion on the ET&WNC engine is that it is beautiful, but not my cup of tea.The fact that Bachmann choose to produce prototypes that have never been offered has boggeled some of us old folks minds so just have patience here.

If you are intrested the Lawndale 2-8-0 can be bashed using the Roundhouse 2-8-0 and I seem to remember a company that once offered a kit but can't recall the name of the manufacture.

You have to remember that this is now a international scale/gauge(On30) so Bachmann does have to take future sales  account. We all have our favorite engines and love to post our request here so just be patient with us old folks ;D

Royce

lvrr325

Having both 4-4-0s side by side, I can't see where they share any parts, except headlights and smokestacks (some of which are also shared with the 2-8-0).  Perhaps some internal parts as well (motor, PC boards, the same decoder). 

Dusten Barefoot

I'm the one who must be sorry. I am having the roughest time in my life at the moments, and it seems i have taken it out on ya'll. My Daddy passed away at the age of 44 before thanksgiving last year, and I just buried my grandfather yesterday. :'(

The reason I blew up like I did, was because I thought i was being told that my opinion was wrong, and I should not think that way. Like a liberal telling me I'm wrong, over an opinion.

Again, I do apologize

~Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten