News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Connecting Multiple Terminal Tracks (E-Z)

Started by DoubleDAZ, January 07, 2011, 08:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDAZ

So many of these questions seem stupid to me, but I want to know how to do things right with E-Z Track before I start snipping connectors off wires.  The wire for the terminal/rerailer that came with the Empire Builder Set has 2 connectors, one flat to fit the track slot and one earphone-type to fit the controller slot.  However, the wire that came with the straight terminal/rerailer I purchased separately came with the same flat connector, but no earphone-type connector.  In its place are 2 standard electrical connectors, the same that come with the red red wire for the turnout remotes.

My questions are:

- how do I connect these type of connectors to the controller?
- do I splice it to the other wire with the earphone-type connector?  The instructions for using 2 turnouts for a crossover seem to suggest this approach, but the diagram leaves a lot to be desired.
- do I cut enough wire off the earphone-type connector leaving enough to run to a splicing board of some sort where I can add more terminal tracks?
- or do I need a separate power pack with standard screw terminals on it?
- will the standard controller even support multiple terminal tracks?  If so, how many?