News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

older white plastic motors

Started by steam55, June 17, 2007, 10:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steam55

i have 4 of the older  white plastic motors with the a brass gear on each. how can i tell which motor is which. i cannot find any numbers stamped on them at all any where.

cheers

steam55

PCClover

What i do is take one apart at a time and sit the motor with the shell of the engine, so i know witch one goes to witch engine. I hope this helps.
PCC trolleys got to love'em :>

steam55

these motors are new and they are not installed in any engines.  i purchased them form bachman back in the late 1980s/1990s .  i don't think bachmann make them any more

thanks

Paul M.

They may be an "El Cheapo" motor. Can you post a photo of them?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

steam55

HERE IS LINK TO  PHOTOS OF THE MOTORS AS I COULDN'T GET THE PHOTOS TO UP LOAD TO THIS SITE

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2127265220100917275WGGgvM

CHEERS

QUENTIN

PCClover

this motors are older models this are not made by Bachmann any more. this motors came with many different engines,trolleys and steam engines. These motor are universal with older Bachmann engines. I hope this time i could help. PS. sorry i miss read.

steam55

dear bachmann man

can you please look at the motors from link in the previous message and help me out with what models these motors fit. they have a brass gear fitted to them

cheers

steam55

PCClover

they should fit any Bacnmann Train 20 years of age and older, but the trouble is if they are trolley motors the engine you put them in will run backwards.

steam55

looking though my bachmann parts book i don't think they are trolley motors. the look like the older standard motor. bachmann can you please advise if possible.

cheers

steam55

steam55

Quote from: steam55 on June 23, 2007, 05:18:00 AM
looking though my bachmann parts book i don't think they are trolley motors. the look like the older standard motor. bachmann can you please advise if possible.

cheers

steam55

bachmann can you please advise?

the Bach-man

Dear Steam,
I have no idea. I don't have an archive of everything we've made, but they do look like you might be right.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Paul M.

Glad to see y'all have solved the problem. (Kind of)

And no, they're not "El- Cheapo" motors. ;)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific