News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Stewart VO-1000, Opinions, Please?

Started by hcc25rl, January 31, 2011, 09:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcc25rl

The tag line says it all. If you please, if you have experience with this loco, tell me about it.
Thanks, Jimmy

Jimmy

bobwrgt

I have one. My first Stewart engine. Very pleased  with it. Runs smooth, quiet and fine.  No problems. Will be looking for more Stewart.

Bob

richg

I have two with Tsunami sound. Very good running and sounding locos. I followed the below link for both installations. Shrink wrapped decoder in one and light board decoder in the other.
I am doing a third VO-1000 with a LokSound v3.5 decoder.
SoundTraxx has the VO-1000 sound in the shrink wrapped decoder and the VO-660 sound in the light board decoder. Only difference is the prime mover horse power.
Back in December 2009 I emailed Bowser and SoundTraxx and both told me the sounds where being recorded at a railroad museum in NJ. I bought my first VO-1000 shrink wrapped decoder at the West Springfield, MA train show in Jan 2010 and the light board some month later.

http://www.mrdccu.com/install/hods/Stewart_VO.htm

Below is a video of one of the two pulling a NYC Pacemeaker freight.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/richg1998/Stewart/?action=view&current=VO-1000.mp4

The first two locos.
The NYC had eight of these. I use the pipe organ stacks. They come with different stacks, at least mine did. I got thme off of ebay for $50.00 each, DCC Ready.

Rich

jward

very smooth running locomotives as are all recent stewart products.

this locomotive is appropriate for any time from ww2 up to the mid 1960s. later than that, they were pretty much gone from mainline railroads, but could still be found occasionally working for private owners.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Jimmy-

This is a good, solid, reliable product, just like all Stewart locomotives.

-- D