News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO BoCo

Started by Mulfred, March 01, 2011, 12:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulfred

Just been looking at a few things on the net. There is a Class 28 Co-Bo diesel Which is the same as BoCo. So I was thinkin. If I buy that, paint it green. Take the face off a BoCo battrey powered engine and placed in on the front. Apply the stickers to each side. BOOM BoCo HO. But I've never done a model project before and don't wanna screw it up. Any advice, ideas.

J70

Quote from: Mulfred on March 01, 2011, 12:49:46 PM
Just been looking at a few things on the net. There is a Class 28 Co-Bo diesel Which is the same as BoCo. So I was thinkin. If I buy that, paint it green. Take the face off a BoCo battrey powered engine and placed in on the front. Apply the stickers to each side. BOOM BoCo HO. But I've never done a model project before and don't wanna screw it up. Any advice, ideas.

Yes, taking your time is the best bit of advice you can get. As long as you don't rush into things, it should come out looking good.

The battery powered face should be a good fit, better size compared to the similar wooden and take along models. Also, might be worth looking at the second hand market, because alot of people are replacing their own models with the new Heljan ones. You might just snap up a bargain ;)

Jack

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

When i made boco i used the tomy face and sanded down the sides to make it a perfect fit but the HELJAN models r about £125 in the uk.the ownly reason i got 1 is cos my pearents have money to get me things but 2 someone who hasent got the money thay r 2 much 4 a model. ;) hope this helped.

Mulfred

yeah thats what I was thinking I should be able to get a cheap tomy BoCo off Ebay. Lookaly there is a Class 28 from the old hornby duplo range on there to. for about £25. Thanks for the advice guys :)

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

BillingsRR

I suggest using the Wooden Railway face since it is more accurate, but the wooden BoCo usually goes for more.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on March 01, 2011, 04:12:03 PM
I suggest using the Wooden Railway face since it is more accurate, but the wooden BoCo usually goes for more.
The Wooden face, as Jack said, would look too small.

Bluecoatscheesypoofs

Yeah! BoCo. Thats cool. As well as taking your time while making it,  i might suggest skiming through all of the BoCo models by every company to see which has the best suitable face for the size of the model. In my opinion, the face and the paintjob are the hardest parts to make on a Custom Thomas model. Hope this helps

BillingsRR

Quote from: Sparks on March 01, 2011, 05:15:38 PM
Quote from: BillingsRR on March 01, 2011, 04:12:03 PM
The Wooden face, as Jack said, would look too small.
Woops!

Mulfred

yeah I know what you mean Bluecoats. I'm going with the tomy model version anyway I just like the face on it.  ;D thanks guys.

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

I have gust made edwards snowplow ;D
out of thomas's one ;)

JD417

???
no idea how this relates to the topic, but thats cool i made one out of plasticard a while back, but i lost it :-[ :P

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

sorry i gust finished it when i was on this site :)

Sodor Perfection

Not wanting to nit pick but its Just.