News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

convert to DCC

Started by cm, March 07, 2011, 12:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cm

I have a Spectrum ON30 Ohio River & Western I bought for the Grandkids a number of years ago. can it be upgraded to DCC?

Jim Banner

Yes.  Any locomotive H0 or larger can be converted to run on DCC.  How hard it is depends on which locomotive you have.  And DCC with sound is a bit more work because you have to add a speaker as well.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Tomcat

The Bachmann 2-6-0, that´s the Ohio River and Western you mentioned, can be converted to DCC.
It´s a bit fiddly, but can be done. But if you go DCC, you can run a analog engine together with DCC equipped engines, following the NMRA regulations. One non-DCC engine can be run unter "0" while you give the others the equivalent numbers their decoders are programmed to. So, a DCC conversion is not neccesary if you want to have "more" on your tracks.

But as I said, the 2-6-0 can be converted. I´ve done three conversions following Harold Minkwitz´s recommendations in here a while ago. Then it´s a snap... :) :) :)

Cheers,Tom ;)

cm

Thanks Tom,I appreciate you getting back to me!!!

Tomcat

Your´re  very welcome, cm!

Please be sure to ask me, if I can get you any help. When I got it right, Pacificcoastairliner.com is not online any longer, this is quite bad as Harold Minkwitz did make excellent step by step instructions how to convert your 2-6-0 to DCC operation. Illustrated and made very wise. I will check if this is to be found somewhere, but when I recall it right, it´s gone...

Just in the case you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We´re arround here, ready to help you.

Kind regards, Tom